Since 2015, Revolut has introduced over 10 million customers to a new way to handle their money. From instant spending notifications and built-in budgeting controls, to global currency exchange and stock trading, customers simply get more with Revolut.
We approach People Tech at Revolut the same way that we approach everything else. We take complex issues, and create extraordinary solutions that our customers love. From on-boarding flows to new feature presentations, our goal is to both inform and delight.
Put simply, we build things we want to use ourselves, that we’re proud to show to our friends and families.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a proven Operator/Entrepreneur with past experience as Private Equity professional + operating experience; Principal/Partner at a top tier consulting firm + operating experience; or Senior Executive at a top People Tech company who knows how to build and scale great companies. You will have relevant execution/operational experience and industry knowledge within Payroll / HCM / Pensions / PEO – i.e. managed portfolio companies, advised clients in these markets or led People Tech companies.
Revolut is offering a unique opportunity for such an individual to create and run a newly formed business, that solves the problem many businesses face when hiring & managing employees. The mission to enable our customers to hire/manage any person in the world with 1 click. We will start with solving Payroll problem but also solve other surrounding problems such as HR, Pensions, Talent Management, Workforce Management and Benefits.
The role is based in London or New York however we will also consider remote in US/Europe/India/Russia
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE
- You will be responsible for launching and building a market leading Global People Tech business for Revolutwithin 5 years (potential to generate at least 750M GBP in cumulative revenues by Yr 5, EBITDA margin of at least 35% and AUM of c.5-10B GBP)
- Payroll solution will be operationalised first as a priority and then followed by other services
- You will need to have a fully operational businessacross all segments by Yr 1 in the US, UK and EU. Expansion to other key markets by Yr 3
- You will need to attract and grow an A teamof professionals to establish and support the business
- You will need to leverage Revolut tech stack and processes to quickly build and scale the products
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Creating a solid business plan(including but not limited to):
– Market Research
– Forecast financial plan
– Core operating model
– Technology stack & product design/development
– Business development roadmap (winning clients & market share)
- Organisational design & hiring:
– Defining the organisational structure
– Prioritising & source new hires
– Attracting and retaining A team talent
- Operationalising the Business:
– Understanding the best market entry route – Acquisition, Development, Partnership, Development + Partnership
– Acquisition – Work with Corporate Development team to initiate
– Partnership – Work with Business Development Team to implement and operationalise
– Development – Hire and work with Product Owners to develop and implement the envisioned new product
– Business Plan execution and scale
– Set-up internal governance & processes
- Market expansion:
– Launch in US, UK and EU by Yr 1
– Launch in expansion territories by Yr 3
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- At least 7 years of experiencewith some years in one of the following:
– Private Equity firm + operating experience
– Top tier consulting firm (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Oliver Wyman) + operating experience
– £1bn+ valued People Tech company
- Track record of leading and/or executing launch of new business segments/ new product lines (incl. investments). Or demonstration of leading and growing businesses successfully
- Experience of P&L ownership(annual P&L impact greater than 25M GBP)
- Experience of setting business
- Experience in leading, building or having ultimate responsibility for teamsof greater than 100 FTE (this may be teams within portfolio companies / you may have direct reports that manage the teams)
- Executional/operational experience in the Payroll / HCM / Pensions / People Tech sectors
- Minimum GPA3.5/4 (US), 60% (UK), 8/10 in any other country
- Any of the following:
– STEM (technical) degree from a top 15 university in the US, top 5 in the UK, top 2 in any other country
– School/university Olympiad medal in competitions in physics, maths or programming
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes – working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Skip the commute and work from home once a week
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.