Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Recruiter to join our team for a 6 month contract to support hiring for our Technical Team including software engineers, data scientists and other technical positions that may arise. We’re looking for a consultative and creative technical recruiter to help our efforts to create an inclusive and innovative work culture by attracting, delivering, and retaining the best talent for our organization. You will also have experience building robust hiring processes in order to deliver exceptional talent to our organization along with experience and passion for building diverse technical teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Full-cycle recruiting for technical roles across our engineering and data teams
- Partner with technical and business leaders to influence and deliver quality assessments, calibrating regularly with hiring teams
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position, including job descriptions, feedback templates, and more in Lever
- Use creative sourcing strategies, leveraging social and professional networking sites, to identify and source candidates with diverse backgrounds
- Leverage a data-driven approach to problem-solving, driving greater efficiencies throughout the recruiting funnel
- Provide an exceptional candidate experience and proactively improve our recruiting processes
What You’ll Need:
- 4+ years experience of full-cycle technical recruiting
- Experience using a variety of sourcing methodologies to find talent
- Experience sourcing and hiring diverse talent
- Experience closing candidates across a broad level of seniority
- Experience partnering with and managing technical stakeholders
- Understanding of technical terminology and the ability to assess technical candidates
- Experience using recruiting tools such as Lever and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Experience delivering on metrics and goals
This position is a 6 month contract.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Contract
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere in US 🇺🇸
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.