Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We are a newly remote team, with a majority of employees based in NYC, and are backed by the same venture capital companies behind Instacart, Warby Parker, Glamsquad, Mirror, Prose, and Allbirds.
We are looking for an SEO Manager to join the Marketing team and own a comprehensive SEO strategy for Ollie, helping drive core site SEO and deploying new content to drive significant, qualified organic traffic. You will drive new content development leveraging internal teams, external partners, and organic and paid media channels. This is a great opportunity for you to own a key channel, making a significant impact on Ollie’s growth.
This role will work cross functionally and require strong collaboration, communication and project management. You will report to the Sr Director of Acquisition & Retention, and work closely with our Brand and Technology teams to create traffic-driving content that converts site visitors into high-quality customers.
This role will require a strong blend of analytics, creative strategy, and technical knowledge, focused on driving organic traffic while maintaining Ollie’s brand identity. You should have a test and learn mentality, always wanting to improve our efforts. You will also keep Ollie current on SEO best practices and search engine updates that may impact us.
Ollie’s team is evolving from a NYC based group to a fully distributed workforce so we welcome applications from across the U.S.
- Own SEO strategy for myollie.com, driving qualified, organic traffic growth and optimizing on-page CRO to convert visitors into customers
- Perform ongoing SEO audits of our site, identifying key areas of improvement
- Conduct keyword research, developing a targeted keyword strategy in order to effectively compete for and capture high-intent traffic
- Work closely with our Content team to develop content strategy, deploying content to our site and testing new content formats to improve SEO rankings
- Work closely with Product & Technology teams to develop new landing pages and optimize on-page elements for improved SEO and conversion rate optimization
- Perform competitive research of peer companies, learning from winning strategies and remaining a leader within the SEO space
- Work closely with SEM team to compliment paid strategies with organic SEO
- Drive link-building strategy, working with external partners to increase inbound links
- You have 3-5+ years of hands-on SEO experience, both technical SEO and working on a comprehensive content strategy with writers and designers
- Experience working directly with a CMS, ideally Storyblok, WordPress, etc.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS isn’t a requirement, but a big plus
- Experience optimizing site architecture and content hierarchy a plus
- You have a successful track record of developing and executing SEO strategies that drive traffic and convert site visitors into customers
- You take ownership, are an inventive problem solver, and have a high-level of accountability
- You work well cross-functionally, with experience working with Creative, Product and Technology teams
- You are data-driven, and know how to tell a clear story with data to drive results
- You are detail-oriented, operate with urgency and are comfortable with a high degree of dynamism in the business
- This is a remote position and will require a go-getter to be able to influence others to help achieve your agenda over video and Slack
- Competitive pay + a stake in the company
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy that you’re actually encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly lunch stipend through Seamless
- Home office set-up budget
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription for one dog
- Inspiring pack members!
If you’d like to standout, tell us in your cover letter why you’re interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email [email protected]
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere in USA 🇺🇸
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.