BookNook is on a mission to ensure every child has access to a world-class reading teacher. We offer easy-to-use tools for educators and caring adults, that empower them to provide powerful reading instruction that gets great results. At BookNook, we believe that the best programs are designed by people who have their roots in the classroom. Both our instructional strategy and our curriculum come from experienced educators who have seen firsthand what works best for students.
The Senior Product Manager will play a key role in executing our product vision. The PM will be responsible for end-to-end project management including gathering product requirements, prioritizing feature implementations, scoping release timelines, and improving customer experience. The ideal PM is creative, ambitious, and focused on execution. The right person will be able to act as a bridge between Product, Design, Engineering, and act as a cross-functional liaison to the rest of the company. The Senior PM reports to the Head of Engineering and will lead the product development of an independent product team, collaborating to define key metrics, roadmap, and strategy. Additionally, they will mentor and supervise another PM (and data scientist) who PM a second product pod.
You’re a great fit for this role if you know the ins-and-outs of product management, have experience working in education and/or with EdTech, and if you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of students across the country.
- Work with the Product Team and our customers to suggest and identify product enhancements
- Define the metrics, roadmap, and strategy for our core product
- Conduct research to identify customer needs and to scope new products
- Supervise and lead PM and data scientist roles, and help drive product culture within the organization
- A passion for people management and mentorship; hiring and developing product leaders
- Possess an analytical mindset: wherever possible, you look to resolve questions through data and measurement.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple products.
- Have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get it done, and can inspire the same work ethic in others
- Can balance the needs of product team members with company goals and timelines
- The desire for autonomy, exhibiting a high degree of ownership and accountability
- Experience in the literacy / PreK-12 education space is preferred
- 3+ years of project or product management or similar experience, ideally for an early-stage / SaaS startup
At BookNook we offer a competitive compensation package with equity, comprehensive benefits and a great work/life balance. We’re a fully remote team with a strong culture and our team is filled with folks drawn to BookNook so that they can make a real tangible improvement for students. BookNook is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere 🌎
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.