At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Operations Team of Beyond Meat™ is looking for an outstanding individual to join the team. The Senior Process Engineer’s primary role is to bring products from bench-top to full-scale volumes. The role includes working with R&D and Manufacturing teams to create, optimize, launch, and sustain new products.
- Assessing, identifying and developing manufacturing equipment and process solutions for new products and market plans
- Understanding and identifying technology and equipment that is the best fit for required solutions
- Develop cost estimates, schedules, execution and startup budgets and plans for activities
- Oversight of equipment negotiation, purchase, installation, and commissioning
- Documentation of line capabilities and processes
- Ensure quality and food safety by building quality control into processes
- Fundamental project management skills to develop robust timelines and cost estimates for initiatives
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and collaborate cross-functionally
- The position will require travel to facilities.
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering,Food Science, or related science
- 7 – 10 years experience in a Food/Beverage and/or Biotech company
- Extrusion experience preferred
- Multiple roles that have been both plant and corporate based with an emphasis on production and R&D
- Demonstrated ability to lead manufacturing scale-up projects in food/beverage
- Significant experience working with Food or Biotech R&D teams and facilities
- Depth in quality systems such as HACCP, GMP, SQF
- Proficient in MS Office suite (particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), MS Project and AutoCAD or comparable applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Travel varies, up to 70%
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with Beyond Meat by applying today.
- Job Category: Developer & Engineer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Remote: Anywhere in USA 🇺🇸
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.