The Shopify Money team builds and manages financial products including Shopify Payments, Shopify Capital, and Shopify Fraud Protect. The pricing team is a direct contributor, decision-maker, stakeholder and influencer in the growth and expansion of Shopify’s financial products and services. These products are integral to our merchants’ success and to Shopify’s success as well.
The scale and growth of Shopify Money is accelerating, and we are looking for a Senior Pricing Strategist to contribute to building the best financial products and services. You will be working closely with product, sales, marketing, data, engineering and finance teams to develop strategic pricing for both new and existing products. Your work will be highly visible to Shopify leadership and will fuel Shopify’s ability to grow, and make commerce better for everyone.
This role will be working in the Eastern Standard Timezone.
Requirements for the role
- Experience delivering Pricing and Go-to-Market recommendations (in operational, marketing, finance, or consultancy roles);
- Experience is in payments, financial services, fintech or a SaaS business;
- Experience with developing qualitative and quantitative pricing research, and integrating that research into pricing analysis and recommendations;
- Experience conducting market research and competitive benchmarking;
- Experience leading a team
- The ability to navigate complex commercial models (pricing, demand elasticity, monetization, etc).
- A learners mindset with the ability to pick-up new areas quickly;
- Extreme resourcefulness and the ability to get things done;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Partner with leaders in product, sales, marketing, data, engineering, and finance to develop coherent Pricing strategies for Shopify’s financial services products;
- Think strategically about the business and the competitive landscape to uncover pricing opportunities for new and existing products;
- Develop pricing recommendations, and execute through all phases of the go-to-market pricing cycle (from ideation to execution);
- Learn new product areas within the financial solutions space.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Bharti is looking forward to reading your application.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere in USA/Canada 🇺🇸🇨🇦
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.