The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people’s heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge, and we’re building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
The IT Operations team is responsible for all client technology platforms and services throughout the company. Our team is constantly looking to evolve and adopt new approaches related to Quora’s corporate IT environment that service our global employee base. We work collaboratively in a fast paced environment and each person on the team can drive high impact with thoughtful process and technology innovations.
About the Role:
As a Senior IT Systems Engineer at Quora, you will report to our Head of IT and be the strategic lead for creating best-in-class solutions to optimize our IT systems and processes while providing mentorship to the team. You will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, applications, and related procedures adhere to our organizational values through system administration and endpoint management technologies. You are empowered to engage cross-functionally and to forge new paths to achieve the highest level of efficiency for our employees.
- Own the provisioning and de-provisioning workflows for corporate systems and accounts
- Create and deliver solutions to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of systems management services
- Contribute to and maintain system standards (endpoint and cloud) while creating documentation around process and procedure best practices
- Work directly with internal and external partners to ensure high reliability of our services as well as compliance with internal security policies
- Investigate and troubleshoot IT issues with a focus on exceptional user support
- Maintain monthly IT maintenance planning and schedules
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora’s “coordination hours” (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- 5+ years of experience in IT with at least one year leading projects that created best-in-class solutions
- 3+ years of proficiency in Identity Management platforms and configurations (e.g. SAML, SCIM, SSO, OAuth)
- Proficient in Active Directory architecture and systems management
- Strong understanding of AWS infrastructure, instance deployment and administration
- Strong understanding of REST API’s and how to consume them
- Knowledge in JAMF/Casper
- Experience with systems monitoring and logging, troubleshooting tools, and analytics platforms
- Proficient with Google G-Suite Administration
- Experience with Google Cloud Platforms
- Experience (and passion for) mentoring team members
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere 🌎
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.