Coffee Meets Bagel is looking for a passionate, talented Marketing and HR/Operations Intern to join our team. This person will work directly with the Marketing Manager and HR/Ops leads to assist on various aspects of Marketing, Branding, HR and Ops initiatives. This is an amazing opportunity to learn from experienced mentors the fundamentals of Marketing/Branding/HR/Ops run while making a significant impact to the business. You’ll get a holistic view of how a tech start-up is run, develop knowledge of the online dating industry, and gain hands-on marketing and HR/operations experience.
This paid internship is remote and initially part-time (25-35 hours per week) with flexible hours. The role has an opportunity to expand into a full time internship or a full time position.
- Work with CMB’s Marketing and HR/Operations team to ensure the team achieves goals & key results. Some of the projects will include but are not limited to:
- Social Media: Maintain the Coffee Meets Bagel content calendar, ensuring Instagram, Instagram Story, Instagram carousel, and Twitter posts are distributed on time
- Complete weekly social media reporting, tracking our owned and earned media reach against our quarterly goals
- Managing our online community of daters, responding to IG DM’s, Twitter mentions, and more
- Attend brainstorming sessions with the team and helping the team come up with on-trend and on-brand post ideas
- Partnership: Assist in identifying & executing on-brand partnerships
- PR: Assist PR Lead with secured media opportunities (e.g. developing interview prep materials for executives, scheduling interviews)
- Brainstorm newsworthy pitch angles and utilize third-party sources (e.g. HARO, Twitter) to identify relevant media opportunities; continuously update media lists
- Report on weekly PR metrics
- Other miscellaneous brand campaigns: Assist the team on any other brand projects (e.g., product marketing)
- HR & Operations: Work with Chief Dating Officer to organize and execute different learnings events for the team
- Support our HR operations (e.g., new hire onboarding, benefits, compensation).
- Assist our financial operations (e.g., maintain our vendor database, expense reporting, compliance, payments).
- 3+ months work/internship experience
- Proven enthusiasm and passion for:
- Marketing, branding, and social media
- Trying new things. Learning and growing, including getting hands dirty to help operate a start-up
- Making a difference in people’s lives
- Ability to demonstrate the following skill sets:
- Excellent follow-through on commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Persistence: Tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- Honesty & integrity
- Has the following technical skill sets:
- Familiarity with social media platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Tik Tok
- Proficiency in G Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides) and written communications (e.g., typing, emails, Slack messages)
- Bonus experience (not required):
- Experience using dating apps (extra bonus if you’ve used CMB)
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced workplace or start-up
- Experience working in social media or operations in a professional setting
- Experience working with project management tools (Asana, Airtable, Trello)
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Internship
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere 🌎
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.