Use your expertise in Simplified Chinese and English to help Duolingo users learn better!
Duolingo is looking for a tech-savvy English to Simplified Chinese translator who is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese. If you have some linguistic training, translation experience, and would like to get involved in the Duolingo content creation process, this position is perfect for you.
- Translate our learning content from English to Simplified Chinese
- Review English to Simplified Chinese translations
- Strong interest in the mission of Duolingo
- Native fluency in both spoken and written Simplified Chinese
- Native or near-native fluency in both spoken and written English (English from the US preferred)
- Linguistic training or familiarity with the different parts of speech
- Experience working with and writing formulas in Google Spreadsheets
- Ability to learn fast working with new tools as needed
- Ability to work 30-40 hours a week
- This project is expected to last ~4-6 months.
Duolingo is the world’s largest online language learning platform, with over 300 million users. Our apps were selected by Apple as “iPhone App of the Year” and by “Google as Best of the Best for Android”, 2 years in a row. Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.
We’re funded by some of the world’s most prestigious venture capital firms, the investors behind Google, Twitter, and Tumblr. Duolingo is a spinoff from Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Computer Science. Luis von Ahn, co-founder and CEO of Duolingo, is a MacArthur fellow, Carnegie Mellon University professor, and the inventor of CAPTCHA.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere 🌎
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.