BookNook is on a mission to ensure every child has access to a world-class reading teacher. We offer easy-to-use tools for educators and caring adults, that empower them to provide powerful reading instruction that gets great results. At BookNook, we believe that the best programs are designed by people who have their roots in the classroom. Both our instructional strategy and our curriculum come from experienced educators who have seen firsthand what works best for students.
BookNook is a late seed stage startup that is using technology to change how kids learn reading, with a particular focus on helping those students who are having a hard time. We believe that the best programs are designed by people who have their roots in the classroom. Both our instructional strategy and our curriculum come from experienced educators who have seen firsthand what works best for students.
We are currently looking for a Head of Partnerships who can take our partnerships and sales strategy to the next level so BookNook becomes a necessary solution for schools and other partners. The Head of Partnerships will be responsible for ensuring BookNook sets, meets, and exceeds aggressive sales targets. This position will build and oversee our sales pipeline and will create a strategy to position BookNook as a solution for existing and new markets. The ideal candidate has a strong history of leading sales for education solutions designed for schools, and is able to develop partnerships with a diverse pool of stakeholders.
The Head of Partnerships manages a rapidly growing sales team and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of those employees. The Head of Sales reports to the CEO and the position is geo-flexible. Some travel is required.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts to meet company wide business objectives
- Develop and manage sales operating budgetHire and supervise a team of regional account executives and sales development representatives and motivate them to achieve the best results possible
- Set activity and revenue targets for all members of the sales team
- Personally manage a set of high value accounts
- Partner with marketing and CS on lead generation strategies
- Design and implement strategy for product positioning and pricing to produce highest possible long-term market share
- Position BookNook as a unique and effective solution for schools and other partners
- Direct sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Represents BookNook at conferences and events targeted towards potential customers
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing to oversee and evaluate market research and adjust strategy to meet competitive conditions
- Develop customer handoff strategy with the Head of Customer Success
- Prepare weekly sales reports to share with company leadership team
- Participate on weekly leadership team meetings
You are a good fit for the role if you
- Have significant experience in K-12 education, preferably including a B2B SaaS sales operation
- Know how to develop, implement and lead a sales strategy and team
- Have a desire for autonomy, exhibiting a high degree of ownership and accountability
- A substantial track record of meeting and exceeding quarterly sales targets
- Thrive in an environment based on the principle of High Standards and High Fives
- Are interested in working in a mission based company with a dual bottom line, both being financially successful and also helping kids overcome educational obstacles
It would be extra great if you also
- Have experience working with educators, nonprofits, or schools, whether professionally or as a volunteer
- Have been part of a startup during rapid growth and have seen what it takes to go from having a great sales team to an effective sales operation
At BookNook we offer a competitive compensation package with equity, comprehensive benefits and a great work/life balance. We’re a fully remote team with a strong culture and our team is filled with folks drawn to BookNook so that they can make a real tangible improvement for students. BookNook is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere 🌎
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.