Hopin is seeking an experienced Global Payroll Manager to support our fast-paced and hyper-growth organization. The Global Payroll Manager will partner with our people operations team and external payroll providers to oversee the world-wide payroll function. This role will report to the corporate controller and is critical to ensure the accuracy of current payroll processes while developing and implementing new procedures and controls as we continue to grow. We are looking for someone who has a focus on accuracy and quality employee service. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is eager to contribute their expertise to a fast-growing international company.
- Oversee Bi-monthly processing of multi-state payroll in the United States and monthly processing of international payroll in 28+ countries with external payroll service providers; includes data transmission, reconciliation and bank transfers.
- Reconcile monthly payroll and benefit accounts and promptly resolve discrepancies, if applicable.
- Partner with People Operations on all matters involving employees compensation and benefits payments.
- Manage the accurate and timely completion and submission of employment tax and other filings, as well as other regulatory reporting needs, for the company.
- Manage global travel and expense reimbursement – tracking adherence to policy and processing travel and expense payments.
- Plan, develop, and implement policies, procedures and controls to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll world-wide.
- Partner with Accounting and Finance to ensure accurate general ledger postings and reconciliations.
- Develop centralized practices and procedures for global payroll function.
- Develop, implement and monitor departmental metrics, goals, and objectives to support payroll operations
- Support ad-hoc payroll requests as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal and People Operations.
- Process inquiries and requests from current and former employees.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a business-related concentration.
- 5+ years of experience in managing/processing global payroll and multi-state US payroll.
- Deep understanding of applicable Federal, State, and local payroll and related tax laws, regulations, and statutes
- Has experience working in a fast-growing startup (SaaS preferred).
- Can meet tight deadlines and prioritize competing workloads.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – able to work effectively with executives and staff and manage external service providers.
- Has experience with payroll compliance matters, such as tax withholding for international or multi-state jurisdictions, garnishments, and key annual audits (worker’s compensation and external financial audits).
- Has extremely high attention to detail as well as problem-solving skills.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- 800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere 🌎
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.