Square is looking for an experienced and passionate Art Director with ample experience in production videos, specifically ads. We’re looking for someone who can own a project from ideation to production and post-production. The role calls for a mix of hands-on creativity and the ability to direct production partners through the process.
You will help lead and collaborate with multiple partners across design, copywriting, video, production and product marketing to drive our business, brand and company mission forward. This is a hands-on creative leadership role, you will impact and influence one of our most important advertising channels. This position requires leadership from concept through execution, QA, and iteration.
You’re conceptual, strategic, kind, can share and sell your ideas, and encourage others to share theirs. You sweat the smallest details, understand what it takes to develop and execute on great work, thrive in cross-discipline collaboration, and have a passion for inspiring team members.
- Partner with our Demand Gen team to lead the creative process and drive accountability for creative delivery
- Translate strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Oversee and help design graphic concepts, motion tests, assets, and visual treatments across various mediums and marketing channels
- Develop and foster partnerships with program management and a cross-discipline team of designers, engineers, writers, product marketers, and strategists
- Champion brand standards and design systems
- Motivate and encourage the team to ensure the work is the best it can be, maintaining a high level of creative execution while meeting the needs of our partners
- Work with stakeholders across Square to ensure an integrated brand experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- A portfolio that shows experience launching integrated campaigns
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- An ability to create and define design and motion guidelines
- Experience developing treatments and storyboards for video projects
- Understand performance-based marketing strategies
- Familiarity with new and traditional brand channels and mediums
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with Square by applying today.
- Job Category: Design & Multimedia
- Job Type: Full Time
- Remote: Anywhere in USA 🇺🇸
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.