Just so we’re clear: we’re not a coffee company. Morning Brew is a media company that’s disrupting the traditional business content landscape. Our goal is to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader through engaging and accessible content.
Morning Brew is expanding rapidly, and we’re searching for a Director of Social Media to head up our social media efforts. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that is responsible for both managing our social media efforts across our existing text and multimedia based franchises and launching new social-first franchises. This is a unique opportunity to be a leader within a key strategic growth area for Morning Brew overall.
While this position is based in New York City, office colocation will be contingent on stay-at-home orders; until then, all employees are working remotely.
– Lead social media content creation strategy and operations for Morning Brew
– Hire, manage, develop, and motivate a team of social media creators and strategists
– Have a keen understanding of Morning Brew’s target audience, the Modern Business Leader, ensuring that content is engaging for existing and new audiences
– Optimize and grow existing social account engagement and performance
– Work with engagement editor to create editorial promotion plans for newsletter and other text-first content
– Work with multimedia teams and franchises to create promotional content and social-first content
– Ideate and launch social-first franchises, taking ideas from conception to launch and beyond
– Create a culture of experimentation, testing, and learning across platforms
– Take a data-focused approach that uses relevant data to inform smart content creation choices to engage and grow audiences
– Coordinate with design, growth, tech, and brand teams on cross-functional initiatives, in conjunction with the Head of Multimedia and Head of Content
– 5-7+ years of experience in social media content creation and promotion
– Deep understanding of major platforms including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook, and working knowledge of other large or emerging platforms such as TikTok, Snapchat, Reddit, and Quora
– Demonstrated knowledge and passion for business, business lifestyle, and work-life related topics
– Strong content creation skills, with an ability to nimbly tell and promote stories in a witty and engaging way
– Ability to couple analytical and data-oriented insights with creative thinking to test, iterate, and optimize social media content
– User-first orientation, with strong intuition and taste for what resonates with the MBL
– Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships with other creators and cross-functional leaders
– Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple workflows in a fast-paced environment
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere 🌎
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.