Shogun, and we’re on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series B investment, we have over 15,000 active paying clients, and we’ve launched a new product (you can read more in TechCrunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
North America, United Kingdom
- You drive measurable results.
- You understand startups are chaotic and you kind of like it. You can navigate, reign in and thrive in the chaos.
- You lead by example. You are comfortable with simultaneously “rolling up your sleeves” and delegating.
- You inspire others. Your experience reflects a rise through the ranks, from a junior Data Engineer to a Data Team leader.
- You are a “team builder”.
- You are an exceptional communicator. When people speak to you they feel acknowledged and respected. When you speak to people they have a clear understanding of action items.
- You work async. You use meetings strategically, and keep the focus on metrics.
- You’ve taken on advanced data unification projects in the past
In this role you will…
- Work cross-departmentally to drive the company forward with data
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Finance teams to inform, influence, support, and execute strategy and investment decisions
- Manage and implement the Data Warehouse and ETL Solutions
- Help us unify our data so we can understand the customer journey end to end.
- Inspire, lead and grow a globally distributed team of Data Analysts and Data Engineers
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data in developing data-informed strategies for growing and improving our product offerings for more than 15,000 eCommerce brands.
- Be proactive with asking questions, ensuring that the right questions are being answered with appropriate level of rigor and that analyses lead to clear and actionable recommendations and impactful product changes.
- Evangelize the use of data across the company
- 5+ years of working experience managing analytics teams, working collaboratively with Product, Engineering and cross-functional partners, and guiding data-influenced product planning, prioritization and strategy development.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer–with a focus on unifying data across multiple sources
- 3+ years experience in hiring, leading, and scaling diverse, geographically dispersed, high-performing teams.
- Proven experience influencing product strategy and drive change across org boundaries through clear and compelling communication of data-driven insights and analyses.
- Our current tech stack includes PostgresDB and MongoDB (production databases), Hevo (ETL), BigQuery (Data Warehouse), Segment (Customer Data Platform) and Chartio (BI).
- We’re open to adjusting our tools based on your recommendations and skillset.
- Generous compensation package
- Benefits (vary by location)
- An accomplished and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, equity, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with Shogun by applying today.
- Job Category: Marketing
- Job Type: Full Time
- Remote: Anywhere in USA 🇺🇸
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.