Stackbit is the first open, complete platform for the Jamstack — it’s the easiest way to get started with the best tools for the modern web. Our website production platform, based on next-gen Jamstack technology, rethinks how we build, edit and even host websites. We are on a mission to make this modern architecture available and easily usable for everyone — developers, marketers, content creators and designers.
What it’s like to work with us
We are a lean team of explorers, builders, scientists and just plain curious folks who live and breathe the Jamstack. We decided to tackle the massive challenge of orchestrating an ever-growing set of tools that need to play nicely together, and we keep this in mind with every project we decide to take on. At Stackbit, you will have the prerogative to make things happen, along with empowerment to determine what these “things” are. You will be part of a flat, fully distributed organization, with an uncanny entrepreneurial spirit and relentless motivation to move the needle where it counts. We help each other, uplift each other, and rely on each other’s feedback and expertise to inform our choices and help us make the web, better.
As a Dev Rel, what will you be doing?
- You will own developer relations and advocacy at Stackbit, which means a lot of agency in determining exactly what you work on, as well as the responsibility that comes with it.
- We’re a data driven company, both qualitative and quantitative, so you’ll establish useful internal metrics that can be used to research, monitor and delight users and measure their success with our system, monitor churn and develop and implement tools and methods to reduce it.
- Create customer-facing content in a variety of mediums to engage and be the direct link between Stackbit, its marketing, and its users.
- Immerse yourself in online customer conversations and seek those out, through social media platforms, tech blogs, forums, virtual events and more.
- You will contribute to our overall developer strategy with your industry experience, relationships, and knowledge of developer best practices, trends, and concepts.
- Provide meaningful feedback to our Product and Engineering teams to help improve our offering and creatively address user-specific requests.
Minimum Requirements for the Role
- Front-end development experience
- Knowledge of and experience with the jsecosystem, static site generators, and headless CMS
- At least 3 years of senior experience in Developer Relations
What kind of Dev Rel would we love to hire?
- A self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and working without a guidebook.
- At Stackbit, we believe it is never “somebody else’s problem” and we greatly appreciate team players who jump at the chance to make things happen.
- You enjoy writing and creating content that will help other developers and users accomplish their goals and make them successful.
- Ability to take a deep dive to find the root cause of an issue and work with the team to resolve it to the delight of our users.
- Take pride in owning your successes and failures and use them to improve your work and the work of those around you, to build a better product and team.
- You enjoy giving feedback and welcome receiving it. We strongly believe in constructive delivery that helps everyone become a better version of themselves.
- Comfortable with change – We have a clear vision and target and we’re moving fast towards it, exploring new paths and opportunities. At the same time it’s important to recognize sunk cost and step away from it. While this is exhilarating, it does keep you on your toes
- Impact-driven – We understand our users, set and prioritize objectives, find the correct way to measure how we’re doing against those objectives and ruthlessly execute, while monitoring actual impact vs. projected impact to constantly improve.
- Able to communicate across countries and cultures, and engage in discussions about the product in a meaningful way. Comfortable working with a fully distributed, global team, with different timezones and availabilities.
- Highly proficient in English, both written and spoken. You’re comfortable engaging in live and recorded speaking, demoing, and writing.
The Stackbit hiring process generally consists of 3 stages over the course of 1-2 weeks:
- Conversations with the hiring manager and/or founding team member
- Technical interview with a member of our Engineering team
- HR interview
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere 🌎
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.