Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 68 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,800 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
Coursera is on a mission to bring world-class education to everyone, everywhere. In seven years we’ve brought over 3,000 courses to over 45 million learners worldwide, and we’re just getting started. Our Degrees team supports Coursera’s mission by making our for-credit credentials from elite institutions available in a flexible and affordable way for a global audience.
Coursera is looking for a program manager to assist in the launch and manage new degree programs. You will be a natural leader and fantastic communicator who thrives on solving complex problems, creating processes, and launching highly successful programs. We are looking for a proven leader, with strong team-building, interpersonal, and creative instincts, and the ability to navigate the fast-paced ambiguity of a startup environment.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
Your diverse responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist in the development of the degree relationship with our partner universities from early program design through to launch and beyond
- Align a broad set of cross-functional teams (Product, Design, Marketing, Engineering, Business, Legal, etc.) to ensure your degree programs are successful – from recruiting the best applicants to building high quality courses to providing a best-in-class student experience
- Manage the operations and implementation associated with degree or MasterTrack™ programs, resolving issues as needed to ensure an exceptional student experience
- Provide platform and technical support to our degree partners – backed by engineering, but leading as a platform expert
- Analyze data to build compelling business cases for resource investment either from Coursera or our partners to make our degrees more successful
- Identify, test, and implement strategies to launch and grow our degrees in ways that drive student retention, satisfaction and other key metrics.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute and manage programs, resources, and outreach channels
- Work closely with Product, Design, and Engineering to make our for-credit platform compelling for both students and university partners
- Ensure your partner’s success through management of key metrics, and the strategies to improve them
Ideal candidates will have:
- 2+ years experience managing relationships with partners or customers
- Executive presence and comfort moving between senior stakeholders and operational execution rapidly to enable different audiences
- Demonstrated passion for building products or programs that meet the needs of students and universities
- Exceptional analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a cross-functional team leader
- Level-headed temperament; ability to make quick judgments and defend decisions
- Incredible perseverance and drive, manifested in a strong work ethic and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and to radiate positivity even while under pressure
- A passion for our mission, and achieving ambitious goals to bring high-quality educational experience to learners around the world
- Full professional proficiency in Spanish
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere in EU/US 🇪🇺🇺🇸
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.