In 2019, immigrants worldwide sent over $600 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Sendwave’s mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world as easy and affordable as sending a text. Since 2014, our app has allowed users in the US, the UK, Spain, Ireland, France, Italy and Canada to send money instantly to mobile money wallets in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal (and soon Bangladesh) saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
We’re looking to rapidly expand throughout the globe in the next year. That’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
Delighting our users is a core value at Sendwave. We are looking for a User Protection Support Representative who will provide our new users with a seamless experience as they begin to use Sendwave. User Protection Support Representative responsibilities include helping our users submit identification documents to fulfill compliance and regulatory requirements, ensuring users are sending funds to legitimate counter-parties, and helping users to complete their first transactions. If you’re familiar with providing stellar customer service and have a passion for preventing fraud, we’d like to consider you! Ultimately, you will make sure our users feel their information is secure and that they made the right choice in using Sendwave for their remittance needs!
In this position you’ll:
- Learn Sendwave processes and culture to ensure that you can provide every user the stellar experience they deserve.
- Assist new users via inbound calls, texts and emails with various issues related to the onboarding process.
- Complete the verification process for all new users, determining if they will be allowed to transact with Sendwave.
- Use our anti-fraud tools and verification systems to keep fraudsters off our platform.
- Participate in trainings & team meetings.
Skills you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to make high-quality decisions quickly, while being comfortable with sometimes making the wrong call.
- Enthusiastic about speaking with users (and fraudsters) to conduct verifications and ensure that legitimate users have a positive experience.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Specifically, ability to balance being firm and decisive in the event you are speaking to a fraudster with being empathetic when speaking to legitimate users and borderline cases.
- Natural curiosity. A desire to keep after a problem until you understand what is going on.
- Ability to track fraudster patterns as they morph.
- Fluency in Somali, Swahili, Italian, Spanish or French is a plus!
- Ability to commit to a full time schedule (40 hrs per week)
- Ability to work at least one weekend day (Sunday) per week every week.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays if required.
- Ability to work assigned shift, as we are open 24 hours per day/7 days per week.
- 2+ years of customer service experience, some call center experience required.
- Must be able to work the following shift:
- 4pm – 12am EST Sunday – Thursday
Our company, including our support team, is 100% remote. External candidates must be authorized to work in the United States or Canada. External candidates authorized to work exclusively outside of North America will not be considered.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be based on experience and localized for your local economy.
- Benefits package
- Equipment provided (laptop, phone, headset).
- Position is remote, and can be executed from any quiet location with reliable, fast internet.
Sendwave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere in USA/Canada 🇺🇸🇨🇦
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.