We are looking for support experts who are passionate about providing small business owners with the best customer experience in the world. You will guide our customers through our newest product features and act as their advocate internally to influence our product decisions and roadmap. You’ll address real problems and deliver an exceptional customer experience, all while jumpstarting your career in the high growth tech industry, gaining invaluable experience that will last a lifetime.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
The Customer Care team is the linchpin of our world-class customer experience. With their passion, insight and customer advocacy, this team has helped us maintain an NPS of 70+ while serving tens of thousands of businesses.
As a Customer Care Advocate supporting Payroll at Gusto, you will guides our customers to payroll solutions, answering queries via phone, email, and chat each day. Advocates are offered a unique career ladder progression system which allows for advancement within the role based on the product tiers and skills being developed. Each progression on the ladder comes with a new set of skills, expectations, and a generous compensation change as a reward for the high standards set in order to deliver on our customer promise.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- You will provide exceptional customer service by interacting with small business owners to resolve inquiries via email, chat, and live phone shifts, the latter lasting up to 8 hours during periods of high inbound call volume.
- You will stay up-to-date with new products/features and be able to consistently communicate these updates to customers in a way that ensures an exceptional customer experience.
- You will be able to perform your duties in a fast-paced environment, being able to adapt to change quickly in order to quickly resolve customer issues.
- You will be required to expand your critical thinking skills and knowledge in order to answer progressively more challenging/complex customer inquiries.
- You will work in close collaboration with other advocates as well as collaborate across the company in order to influence product development.
- You will be flexible in order to accommodate annual volume spikes ranging from December through March where we require additional weekend overtime and blackout periods for paid time off in order to provide the best service possible to our customers.
- You will be able to deliver exemplary customer service using a “search first” mentality.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- No less than 2 years of work experience with 18 months of it in a customer-facing role (ideally retail, contact center, food and beverage).
- A consummate teammate, ready to wear multiple hats, inspire those around you, and work collectively while priding yourself in maintaining a professional brand and image.
- Self Starter: A proactive problem solver with incredible critical thinking skills, comfortable with a role heavy in customer interaction for a minimum of 24 months.
- Handles stress well: Conflict resolution skills and a personality that thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Reliable: Reference checks should reveal no attendance / tardiness patterns.
- Ethical: The demands of this position are not an excuse to abandon our values, but rather, an opportunity to reveal them to our customers.
- Great written and verbal communicator: Loves writing and talking about technical concepts to a wide range of audiences and understands the importance of listening to the customer before delivering service.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere 🌎
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.