Medium enables readers to become more informed and to escape the filter bubbles that are all around us. Here at Medium, we are building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
We are seeking a highly strategic, analytical, and passionate Director, Creator Marketing to join our marketing team. This role will inform product development, build go-to-market plans, and manage ongoing marketing communications with creators. This role will be pivotal in expanding our growing network of industry experts, through-leaders, professional writers, and individual thinkers, and helping them find success on Medium.
What will you do?
- Lead Medium’s creator marketing efforts, focused on attracting new creators to the platform, increasing awareness of and engagement with our publisher platform tools, and helping creators from all backgrounds reach their individual goals on Medium
- Drive product and marketing strategy by evaluating market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscape
- Partner with cross-functional teams to conduct research (surveys, interviews, etc) and data analysis to better inform product development, positioning, and GTM strategies
- Define target audience segments, identifying needs, behaviors, and priority messaging by cohort
- Deliver go-to-market plans for creator tools and features, including defining positioning, messaging, communications plan, and sales/marketing collateral as needed
- Manage ongoing creator-focused marketing and communications, partnering with cross-functional teams (growth, social, product, etc) to execute on and off-platform
- Continuously optimize efforts based on behavioral data/analytics and customer feedback
Who are you?
- 8-10 years relevant professional experience, ideally within a digital/subscription business
- 5+ years experience in product marketing and/or brand marketing
- Strategic marketing experience, including managing positioning, research, messaging, and launch strategies/tactics
- Experience with audience segmentation, either directly managing or as a key cross-functional stakeholder
- Strong analytical skills, with a proven track record of using data to inform, and measure success of strategies and tactics
- Experience partnering with Product/Engineering teams on product development, launch strategies, and/or campaigns
- You have a deep passion for and understanding of writing/the creator community, direct experience with creator marketing a huge plus
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.
Please note that communication regarding your application, interviews, and job offers will only come from e-mail addresses ending in “@medium.com”. Anything else is not a legitimate outreach.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.