Are you eager to build a better internet? Join Mozilla’s marketing team as Community Media Manager. This is an individual contributor role reporting to our Director of Corporate Communications who is part of the communications leadership team under Mozilla’s Head of Global Communications.
You will drive the development of an active and engaged amplification network for Mozilla. You will build narratives, campaigns, and stories that promote Mozilla and its products within core communities — from developers and technologists to policymakers and civil society groups. You will demonstrate your deep understanding of where these audiences “live” online and off. You will use your influence and relationships with the media they consume to develop a robust and active community in support of Mozilla. You’ll place stories in the consumer, business and tech media, and use a variety of social platforms, as well as live events to build opportunities for community partners to serve as Mozilla surrogates.
What you’ll do:
- Partner internally and externally to identify new community audiences for Mozilla to establish relationships with.
- Develop strategic and creative plans to bring these groups into Mozilla’s fold, crafting mutually beneficial content and partnership opportunities.
- Activate and work in partnership with these constituencies to achieve Mozilla’s goals and business objectives, developing compelling shareable content and activations to engage these audiences and the press.
- Lead on responding to inquiries from these communities and handle crises and issues as they emerge.
- Work cross-functionally in a fast-paced, changing environment. You’ll be able to spot issues before they happen and proactively drive responses.
What you’ll already have:
- Demonstrated ability in media relations or content, influencer, or partnership marketing and existing media relationships.
- Knowledge of online communities and platforms; and comfort navigating them.
- A proven track record developing surrogate networks, partnerships and content plays.
- Excellent copywriting, editing and presentation skills, sharp editorial judgment and sensibilities.
Mozilla is a mission-driven organization of nearly 1,000 people that exists to keep the internet open and accessible to all. Working on our own, with Mozilla Foundation, and with like-minded communities, Mozilla Corporation achieves this end by building and investing in non-creepy products and services that build both social and economic value, and give people privacy and data-respecting alternatives to Big Tech.
Mozilla Marketing is a lean, agile organization of roughly 50 people whose size belies its power. This team supports multiple business units and projects in varying stages of lifecycle. With specialists in multiple subject areas this group operates as one team under the mantra that great marketing begins and ends with great content. You’re laser-focused on attracting new users, and raising product and brand awareness by relentlessly developing, distributing and promoting compelling messages and stories through engaging and culturally relevant content.
Mozilla Communications is an arm of Mozilla Marketing comprising a three-pronged team made up of Public Relations, Social and Editorial. The tip of the marketing spear, this team earns buzz with ideas, strategies, partnerships and executions that speak to people about the things Mozilla does, says, and builds.
Mozilla Public Relations is a six-person team of communications specialists in product, corporate, policy and executive communications, and led by the Director of Corporate Communications. Together they own and bring to bear media relationships to advance Mozilla’s mission, grow brand awareness and attract new users for Mozilla products and services. They also bring insights and findings about the external landscape back into the organization and develop and support two-way surrogate relationships.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere in USA/Canada 🇺🇸🇨🇦
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.