Based in New York — but spread around the world — Clubhouse is the collaborative home for modern software teams. Thousands of the fastest-growing organizations use Clubhouse to plan and build their software, including Gatsby, Glossier, Dataiku, Scale AI, FullStory, and LaunchDarkly.
As our Community Manager, your role is to help spread the word about our service, while helping users get more from Clubhouse. Whether it’s educating customers via social media and our slack community, helping build out a new champion / advocacy program, or finding better ways to boost and promote our content, you’ll be key to ensuring our voice is aligned to our customers’ needs.
This role is part of our burgeoning Marketing Team, which has a healthy appreciation for design, art, and friendly mischief. In a sea of rote calls-to-action and canned replies, we strive to create messaging that compliments our product and visual personality, educates customers and potential customers alike, puts people ahead of robots, and inspires smiles and sensible chuckles via targeted goofiness and unexpected wit. Fun and kindness absolutely do sell.
This is a remote role and reports to the Director of Content (who is also remote) within the Marketing team.
What You’ll Do
- Work with people from inside and outside the organization to spread the word about Clubhouse.
- Manage our Slack community, tackling any and all questions as they arise while partnering cross functionally with key stakeholders in product, customer support, and engineering to help these answer questions.
- Handle our social media by writing posts and interacting with customers / potential customers there.
- Drive and champion our advocacy and community programs.
- Help promote our written and video content.
- Assist in continually developing Clubhouse’s tone and communication strategy.
You’ll Have Success In This Role If You
- Have 3+ years of community management, support, or social media experience that involves direct interaction with customers.
- Have a technical background and a good understanding of the challenges faced in software development.
- Enjoy jumping between a wide range of tasks and responsibilities.
- You like working in the tech industry with other artsy people.
- Can write in a way that is clever and informative, eschewing false positivity, snark, and overwrought business nonsense.
- Are flexible with both ambiguous, open ended concepts and exacting requirements with tight turnarounds (we’ll try to keep those to a minimum).
Clubhouse is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere 🌎
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.