Honeylove is a Lightspeed-backed San Francisco DTC startup that designs and manufactures functional and stylish garments for women. We are profitable and were recently featured by The New York Times as one of the shapewear disrupters.
The inspiration for Honeylove came from our founder’s background as a musician and live singer. Betsie Larkin has released tracks and toured with some of the top EDM artists, including Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Paul van Dyk, ATB, and others. She took a personal need for stage-worthy functional garments, and turned it into a brand that’s now serving women everywhere.
About this Role
Honeylove is looking for an Associate Garment Designer who is passionate about balancing form and function while developing novel ways of shaping the body. You will have the opportunity to use your talent to create garments that embolden women to feel their best as they pursue their goals. As a team member at Honeylove, you will be encouraged to hone your skills through ambitious design challenges with a supportive and highly experienced team.
The Associate Designer provides creative and practical support through all aspects of the product life cycle, from initial concept to final pre-production prototypes. The Associate Designer excels at both following design direction and presenting design concepts in a clear and timely manner, while building a deep understanding of each product and how they need to perform. This person plays a key supporting role in line with the overall product strategy. This position will report to the CEO and Design Director.
- Act as design support – help with all day to day tasks
- Assist in creating technical sketches, CADs and line sheets.
- Assist with product development and sourcing communication with global partners.
- Responsible for reviewing color lab dips, fabric, trim.
- Helps to create and update detailed Tech packs including BOMs
- Keeps WIP Reports and Development Charts updated
- Assists cross-functional partners in updating charts and documents
- Attends fitting sessions and makes revisions to sketches and design BOMs as needed.
- Assists in organizational tasks such as sample, fabric and trim organization.
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field
- 3-4 years design experience preferably in intimates, active swim or shapewear market
- Strong passion for trends in the fashion market
- Strong communication and organizational skills, as well as ability to work with remote team members
- Ability to multi-task and have an eye for details
- Team player that enjoys a fast-paced environment. Ability to adapt to ever changing priorities
- Good understanding of garment construction and fabric (in relation to intimates, swimwear and shapewear)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good understanding of design process
- Proficient in flat sketching with Illustrator
- Good design and color sense
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
- Basic knowledge of fitting on model and standard measurements
What You’ll Love About Honeylove
- We’re a kind and inclusive bunch, who will encourage you to be you.
- We have high integrity and value of every individual on our team – from the sewer on the manufacturing line at our certified responsible factory to our team members in the U.S.
- We create with the goal of building confidence without sacrificing comfort – we don’t subscribe to body ideals and believe that beauty starts from the inside out.
- We give back to our community through Dress For Success and other volunteer initiatives.
- We value sustainability and work to reduce waste caused by the fashion industry. We do this by using recycled, recyclable and/or biodegradable materials in our packaging.
- We are analytical, curious and data-driven. Research allows us to serve our customers better and stay ahead of the curve.
What We’ll Love About You
- You’re a positive team player and an open communicator.
- You’re passionate about your craft and growing your skills
- You are detail oriented and thrive under deadlines
- You know when the extra mile is needed, but you also know how to decompress and enjoy life.
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Regional Restrictions: Anywhere 🌎
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.