At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace — one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere – including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
Hopper embraces a modern approach to learning designed to bring the best out of our people. Our employees learn virtually and often asynchronously from all over the world, alongside a superstar training team to guide their growth and success.
As a Learning Manager, you will develop, manage, and lead the overall learning strategy for the Customer Service team. In this role, you will assume ownership of all of our travel verticals or product groups’ learning needs and work directly with those stakeholders to ensure your team is delivering timely, meaningful, and relevant training for our agents.
- Develop and implement learning strategies that drive performance
- Lead the team across three primary training missions: Onboarding (new hire training); Supervisor Leadership Development (SLDP); Upskilling (new skills and recurrent training)
- Guide the design and development of complex training curricula, materials, and programs, including instructor-led, virtual, online, and blended to meet the needs of the business
- Author future-focused training strategy plans and narratives to socialize with leaders your vision
- Develop training analytics and dashboard based on Kirkpatrick Four Levels of Evaluation + standard training stats (developed in Tableau and other tools from data warehouse)
- Establish and refine standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the training team
- Assess facilitation and instructional design skills of your team, ensure adherence to training SOPs
- Reduce routine training coordination activities by identifying and leading automation opportunities
- Manage learning partners (new opportunities, implementation, contracts, etc.)
- Ensure learning tools leverage industry best practices (facilitator guides, online learning, job aids, activities, etc.) and align with common learning theories (Gagne, Bloom, Knowles, Kirkpatrick, etc.)
- Administer Jira board to manage team projects through bi-monthly sprints
- Experiment with new ideas—we are an adventurous bunch
- Implement completely overhauled onboarding experience & curriculum
- Build supervisor leadership development program from scratch (SLDP)
- Develop upskilling strategy for new and recurrent training
- Design learning strategy for vertical stakeholders currently receiving limited support from our team
- Implementing Knowledge Center Service (KCS) across the department
- Build learner-centered, data-driven training portfolio across all our deliverables
A Perfect Candidate Has:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience working in learning & development, preferably in SaaS and/or travel
- At least two years of experience in learning program management, facilitation, and instructional design
- Understanding of common learning theories and models (Knowles, Bloom, Gagne, Kirkpatrick, etc.)
- Previous experience working and teaching remotely
- Excellent direct communication skills, written and verbal
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create solutions for operational problems
- Passion for mentorship and people development
- Material experience in responding quickly and efficiently to organizational and operational changes
OFFERING REMOTE WORK FROM THE FOLLOWING STATES:
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.