Yelp is seeking a highly experienced Integrated Marketing candidate to drive strategic marketing projects, including internal and external teams.
Yelp is a 16-year old, well-know brand, and one of the most used consumer Apps in America. Yelp has grown without having to invest heavily in consumer marketing campaigns in recent years, thanks to a popular App with built-in repeat usage, and user-generated content from reviews, leading to direct and SEO traffic.
In the wake of COVID, we need to re-accelerate our consumer traffic, which requires us to raise the consideration and trust of the Yelp brand among mainstream consumers, especially in geographies outside of our top 5 cities.
We also want to raise awareness of new and unique features of Yelp, and of categories beyond restaurants, which we believe will raise trust and multiply the occasions for which consumers will think of, and prefer Yelp to solve their needs.
To drive a significant jump in our brand perception and consumer metrics, we plan to launch integrated consumer marketing campaigns in 2021, backed with significant budget and resources. Our internal consumer marketing team is specialized in certain channels, especially CRM and digital ads, supported by creative and analytics. We want to supplement this with agencies for additional strategy and media (e.g. broadcast; offline media).
A critical role will be the Integrated Marketing Lead, who will lead campaigns and integrate the work of internal and external teams.
- Initial focus will be on consumer marketing, to increase Yelp’s brand consideration, website visits and App usage among consumers in specific large cities and states (in US and Canada).
- Follow-on projects could include expanding consumer marketing campaigns to more geographies and/or adding B2B marketing to acquire and retain small business customers.
Where You Come In:
- Strategy – help set campaign strategy, define objectives and timeline and translate into creative and media strategies to deliver these goals
- Agency selection and management – Manage the RFP process to select and negotiate a best-in-class agency; provide day-to-day point of contact to ensure timely delivery, troubleshooting, and reporting.
- Project management — manage internal and external teams for end-to-end multi-month project; set and track timelines for internal and external teams; chair working group meetings; delegate tasks and hold people accountable; track deliverables and results
- Measurement and Metrics — plan thorough measurement framework, especially for offline media; work with analytics teams to define and track KPIs
- Reporting – report regularly to senior management sponsors on plans, progress, and results
What it Takes to Succeed:
- 5-10 years of consumer marketing experience
- Hands-on experience spanning multiple marketing channels, including digital (SEM; SEO; social; display/video; Appstores); CRM (email; push notes; SMS; alerts); broadcast (TV; radio); other offline (billboards/OOH; print, direct mail
- Agency experience — working at a brand/creative/media buying agency, and/or managing them
- Excellent project management experience
- Experience leading integrated or brand campaigns for $1BN+ consumer brand (preferably a digital or ecommerce brand)
What You’ll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.