Buffer is a platform of social media products made for small businesses. We want to help these brands stand out online and to drive meaningful engagement and measurable results for their brand and their bottom line. Our mission is to provide essential tools to help small businesses get off the ground and grow. Through exceptional customer service and uplifting content, we help businesses believe they can succeed and do good along the way.
As a Product Manager for our Mobile team at Buffer, you’ll own the vision and roadmap for your product area within the Buffer platform. You’ll work closely with cross-functional teams at Buffer to create a vision and align Mobile with our strategic bets, define success criteria, and develop clear plans and milestones. Day to day, you’ll work hands on and collaborate with your product team to execute on the roadmap and regularly deliver value to our customers.
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to hear from you!
Full-time · Remote
Where You’ll Work
Buffer is a fully distributed team, which means that we’re spread across the planet. We have Bufferoos in 15 countries, 11 timezones and 42 cities around the world to build a great culture and product. You’ll work where you’re happiest and most productive, in the place that helps you to become the person you wish to be.
More About the Mobile Product Manager Role
As the Product Manager of our Mobile team, you’ll be leading our efforts on our award-winning native iOS and Android mobile apps. This includes our flagship Buffer app with an average rating of over 4 stars, 70,000 reviews, and 30,000 new signups each month, and our newest app, Remix.
We envision our mobile apps becoming a key part of the overall product experience for customers, allowing them to plan, collaborate, and publish high quality social content that drives awareness and engagement for their businesses and brand.
We’ve got big plans to better connect our mobile and web experiences as well as drive new innovation for customers in 2021. We’re looking for a Product Manager to drive this change. Working closely with the Design, Engineering, Data, and Marketing teams, you’ll find, execute, and grow the next big opportunities mobile.
Who You’ll Work With
In this role you’ll report to the Chief Product Officer. Day to day you’ll work closely with and be supported by a Product Designer, Engineering Manager, and four Engineers. You’ll also work closely with our Product, Data, Marketing, and Advocacy teams.
What You’ll Do
- Set a compelling long term vision for the next chapter of Buffer Mobile experience.
- Define the strategy, set clear goals, and build a roadmap that helps your team realize the product vision.
- Deliver best-in-class mobile experiences to our iOS and Android customers.
- Coordinate launch and go-to-market planning in partnership with product marketing.
- Collaborate closely with product, design, engineering, data, and marketing to drive the ideation, research, design, and development of customer-focused features and improvements.
- Connect the Mobile user experience with the web experience in close collaboration with your product management peers.
- Be the mobile product champion.
- Keep a strong pulse the social media management landscape.
- Keep your team focused and excited to solve customer problems by connecting the work they do to our customer’s success and our larger mission.
- Build alignment across product teams, our leadership team, and other stakeholders.
- As a teammate at Buffer, you will agree to uphold our values and code of conduct.
We’re looking for the “ideal candidate.” Not all of these are must haves so please take the leap to get in touch, even if you don’t feel you meet all criteria!
- 3+ years of product management experience, with experience building great consumer/SMB apps.
- Experience launching products on both iOS & Android platforms.
- Successful track record of leading software products from inception through launch and iteration.
- Strong understanding of how modern software products are built and integrate with other services and APIs.
- Experience working with a global team of product managers, designers, engineers.
- Passion for creating a high quality products with a keen eye for detail and intuitive user experiences.
- Strong customer focus and empathy.
- Adept at pairing data with product intuition to always keep product decisions moving forward.
- Understanding of key SaaS metrics including MRR, Churn, LTV, ARPU, and how these metrics impact one another.
- Clear and concise written skills with an ability to distill and communicate complex topics.
- Bias towards action with an ability to drive results near term as well as the ability to zoom out and connect the day to day work to our large mission.
Salary and Perks
We hope that you’re excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits.
- Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is: $128K – $180K USD.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like! We believe in folks working where they are happiest and most productive.
- Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US.
- Home office setup: Get a laptop + $500 to set up your home office.
- Growth mindset fund: Extra money for learning and development.
- Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks/year, with no upper limit.
- 401(k): With 3% company match.
- Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits. We distribute 8-15% of profits annually to the team.
- Family leave: 3 months of family leave for all parents, and more is possible.
- Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers twice per year.
- Working smarter stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
- Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books – digital, physical, and audio – you like, anytime.
- Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.
What You Can Expect in the Hiring Process:
- Step 1: Getting to know your value (async only). You’ll receive an invite to your interview doc so that we can learn more the value you could bring to Buffer.
- Step 2: Getting to know your role. You’ll chat with potential teammates so that we can learn more about your background, experience, and achievements.
- Step 3: Brief Exercise (async only). In this step of the process, you’ll showcase your skills in a brief exercise.
- Step 4: Getting to know your team. You’ll chat with potential teammates about what it’s like to be a member of the team, and also discuss some of the technical requirements.
- Step 5: Getting to know your impact. You’ll speak directly with the hiring manager to wrap up your applicant journey and further explore your potential impact at Buffer.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.