At Help Scout we’re passionate about building a brand that champions small businesses. As our Marketing Campaign Manager, your mission is to help us share that brand with the world and attract more folks to Help Scout through promotion of our brand campaigns and content.
Connecting with audiences today isn’t about white papers and case studies — it’s about creating compelling content that stands out in the sameness that exists in B2B. But content creation is only half the battle, the second part is bringing that content to market in compelling and interesting ways, and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for an experienced person to come in and build the content promotion and social strategies at Help Scout to help us build awareness of all the amazing things we are building.
Although you will be part of our marketing team, you’ll collaborate closely with our design and leadership teams, playing a key role in the evolution of our brand and business.
As Marketing Campaign Manager, you will …
- Own the promotional strategy and execution for content and brand campaigns.From email campaigns to social media strategies you will own the promotion of our content and brand campaigns from start to finish. This position requires a mix of strategic thinking and sleeves rolled up execution.
- Own and define our audience segmentation.This position requires a mix of creative execution, agility with numbers, and a passion for insights. You will own segmenting our audiences and understanding the content and channels each likes to engage with to maximize our promotional strategy.
- Build and lead a high-performance team. To start with you will be a team of one. But as we head into 2021 and once you are up and running, we will be looking to grow this team out by adding in at least one additional hire.
- Develop a deep understanding of our audiences. You’ll develop a keen understanding of our audiences and the content they most engage with. You’ll share these insights across the business – design, content and leadership so that all teams feel informed and can adjust content strategies.
- You have a strong understanding of how to best drive campaigns with high impact in social media and email marketing (bonus points for knowledge of Hubspot).
- You are an outstanding communicator, both verbally and in writing. You’re comfortable managing across disciplines at all levels of the organization.
- You have a keen ability to rally people around an idea, drive toward alignment and buy-in, and lead them through to execution.
- You are results-oriented. For every project or initiative, you enjoy the process of defining and reporting on what success looks like, then galvanizing others around making it happen.
- We’re a remote-first company and you can work almost anywhere in the world as long as you have at least 4 hours of overlap with your mostly US-based colleagues.
Who you’ll work with
- Adam Goyette — VP of Marketing, and you’ll report to him.
- Kristen Bryant and the rest of the content team.
- Our friends in design
Competitive salary – Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn’t divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
Health and dental insurance – We cover you and your family’s health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we’ll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you’re based outside the US, we’ll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance – we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.
Sabbatical – After you’ve been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.
Paid parental leave, including adoption – 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
401k with 1% match– via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
Personal Development stipend – Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
Set you up for success — we’ll get every new teammate a Mac laptop or equivalent of their choice, and provide a $1500 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home. We also cover up to $350 USD per month if you’d like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
Complete transparency – Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 110 people in 80+ cities around the world, all with a passion for helping others. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences. Help Scout launched in 2011 and today we have more than 10,000 paying customers in 140+ countries.
Why Help Scout?
We’re remote. It doesn’t matter if you’ve worked remotely before — we’ve been doing it for nearly a decade and are helping to write the playbook — we’re happy to show you the ropes. Most folks that get a taste of working in a “remote first” company have a hard time going back to the old way of doing things.
We’re passionate about diversity and inclusion. The data is abundantly clear about diverse teams being more successful, and we’re dedicated to setting the team up for success. Today our leadership team is 62% women, and that’s just the start. Here’s our DEI Dashboard where you can see all of our team demographic data and read about our commitment to this work.
We’re committed to SMBs for the long term. Help Scout is focused entirely on serving small and midsize businesses, typically up to 500 employees, because those companies view customer service differently. It’s not a cost to be optimized, it’s their most effective marketing tool and a key differentiator from the competition. We built Help Scout for companies that truly value being customer-centric (like us) and want a product that shares their values.
We’re leaving the world better than we found it. Did you know Help Scout is a certified B Corporation, with a mission to give away at least 1% of our product through Help Scout for Good? Our company exists not just to help ourselves, but to invest in our team, our customers, our community, and our environment.
Our commitment to you
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it’s the right thing to do.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.