Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool – and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
The Procurement Director at Auth0 is responsible for developing a strategic approach to the corporate procurement for the purchase of cloud tools, professional services and other goods. In this leadership role, the successful candidate will direct the procurement of goods and services; assist business unit leaders and colleagues with procurement processes, change and updates other procurement-related activities; develop and/or update procurement policies and procedures; and develop a centralized procurement program that will add value and efficiency to the organization. You will have tactical responsibility for the development and implementation of policies, procedures and systems that support the company’s third party spend, and will manage our rigorous security, compliance and privacy processes.
- Develop sourcing and procurement activities that support key business objectives.
- Develop and execute a long-term strategy to facilitate improvements for Procurement Services.
- Ensure the execution of procurement strategies across the firm to ensure consistent and high quality value delivery.
- Implement best practices in procurement and supplier management to support commercial and operational objectives.
- Ensure the execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures and performance metrics to effectively and efficiently manage the acquisition and reporting of third-party spend across the company.
- Lead rigorous and objective contract negotiations with key internal stakeholders, finance, legal department and support groups.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Maintain strong working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- Manage recruiting, training and supervising a team of Category Managers who are responsible for day-to-day category management activities.
- Oversee the development and execution of sourcing strategies across all categories within span of control including targets, timelines and resource plans.
- Build market intelligence capabilities within the category management team on key markets, suppliers and solutions to support strategy development purposes.
- Develop and communicate a procurement business plan; establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop, communicate and administer procurement team performance and development plans and appraisals.
- Serve as the primary contact for procurement related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all departments.
- Oversee contract development and administration.
- Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the procurement team and organization.
- Manage current procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organizational value and efficiency; meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement for their understanding and/or recommendations to enhance policies, procedures and develop, communicate and implement new/revised policies, procedures and programs as needed.
- Develop a centralized procurement program that adds value and efficiency to the organization.
- Process purchase orders; develop bids and proposals; and reconcile any invoice discrepancies.
Job Skills & Qualifications – Preferred:
- Solid analytical and computer skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Outstanding team building and leadership skills.
Job Skills & Qualifications – Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or related field.
- 7-10 years of related experience, with at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance.
- Experience with sourcing and procurement and building a vendor program.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.