Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The VP of Market Development offers an outstanding and exciting opportunity to scale proven, high-performing teams as well as take us to the next level through innovating how we nurture nascent Twilio customers and prospect into the most promising startups and C-Suite of the F500. The position is cross-functional and will work with Executive Leadership across GTM to craft our overall growth and pipeline generation strategies.
This position will report to the Chief Revenue Officer.
You will lead all pipeline generating functions within the Global Revenue Organization, fueling Twilio’s rapid revenue growth. This individual will be ultimately responsible for our global pipeline targets for the BDR/SDR, Channel and Self-service teams as well as supporting sales generated pipeline through the creation of a newly developed Sales Programs function.
- Our ideal candidate is an upbeat, cross-functional leader with deep knowledge of scale (>$1B) B2B pipeline generation strategies.
- 15+ years experience building, leading and scaling pipeline generating teams such as BDR/SDR, Business Development, Campaigns, Sales Programs and/or Channels/Partners.
- Highly analytical, data and systems oriented problem solver that has built and used digital marketing and sales tools.
- High career trajectory and potential.
- Consistent overachievement in previous performance and results.
- Lead a high performance organization including BDR/SDR, Channels, Self-service and Sales Programs.
- Work with global teams and nuanced understanding of how changing language and tactics by region drives success.
- Partner across GTM to optimize inbound and outbound strategies and design high performing campaigns and programs that drive pipeline.
- Build our Channel program to scale indirect paths to market and identify new opportunities to distribute Twilio.
You will live the Twilio Magic Values: https://www.twilio.com/company/values
BE AN OWNER – Own the company pipeline target in collaboration with Marketing and Sales leadership.
EMPOWER OTHERS – Recruit and hire top talent providing career development and performance management.
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES – Innovate the way we activate our hundreds of thousands of self-service customers to drive incremental Twilio usage and revenue.
DRAW THE OWL – Define the vision for Sales Programs to support outbound sales strategies. Build the function and prove value while collaborating with Marketing and Enablement to ensure the field is empowered to generate pipeline.
DON’T SETTLE – Drive analytical rigor around pipeline development leading cross-functional meetings with Executive Leadership to identify trends and opportunities.
Twilio’s revenue team is rapidly growing, scaling to serve customers around the globe with increasingly sophisticated problems to solve. Our mission is to power a global platform that enables revenue and instills trust with all Twilio partners.
Twilio is empowering developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly outstanding; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and crafting your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation. We want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be remote or in a Twilio office if located near one. You will also get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.