About the role: Indiegogo is a global platform for entrepreneurs to bring their ideas to life. Indiegogo’s Payments Analyst will help make Indiegogo the most secure way to raise funds online. The Payments Analyst plays an essential role in both day to day operations, as well as the growth of the team.
About you: You love to find patterns in a sea of information and excel at creating order out of chaos. You are passionate about keeping bad users out and identifying payments issues that others may not. You work well in time-sensitive settings and in the face of unfamiliar situations.
As a Payments Analyst you will be responsible for working with payment processors and banks, handling escalated issues, supporting Indiegogo’s users, and working cross-functionally across the company to solve payments issues and educate teams.
- Effectively use available tools, both on our platform and our payment partners’ platforms, to troubleshoot questions, such as: investigating missing funds, unknown transactions, and failed contributions
- Work with our bank to handle rejected funds cases, as well as escalated issues such as traces, amendments, and recalls
- Analyze major customer pain points and contact drivers and develop strategies to eliminate (via product) or streamline (via educational efforts)
- Review high-risk transactions and help reduce loss due to chargebacks and payments escalations
- Communicate with campaign owners and contributors to assist with payments issues and mitigate potential risk
- Contribute to ongoing evolution of Indiegogo’s risk management policies & procedures
- Provide ongoing product feedback to improve quality and efficiency of Indiegogo’s payments and fraud management system
- BS or BA from a top university
- 1-2 years of payments and customer support experience
- Experience with Zendesk, Stripe, payment processors
- Strong problem solving, analytical and pattern recognition abilities
- Excellent information gathering and research skills, including data analysis
- Proficiency in analytical and technical tools, such as Excel, Looker, and/or Tableau
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with vendors and other external parties
- Competitive salaries with equity
- Comprehensive benefit offerings (mental health and fertility included) for you and yours
- Quarterly all hands meetings with fun events
- A supportive, open environment that embraces and cultivates diversity, fearlessness, authenticity, and collaboration
- E-commerce experience, or experience in a two-sided marketplace
- SQL skills
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.