Indiegogo Client Services Team’s primary focus is to help campaigns launch successfully on Indiegogo. As the Director of Client Services, you’ll lead a diverse team of campaign strategists to help our clients from around the world overcome various marketing challenges – build multi-channel marketing and advertising strategies, advise on campaign design and copywriting, overcome cultural/language barriers (as needed) and champion them through their crowdfunding journey.
Indiegogo is the place to discover clever and unique innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream, including hundreds of products shipping right away. With thousands of projects launching every week, there’s ingenious tech, creative design, and much more around every corner.
Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people and so are we! We are a team of committed, results-driven team players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” our everyday jobs. When people unite around a common goal, anything is possible.
- Build, manage, lead and inspire a high-performing client service team to achieve near and long term growth targets
- Evision and define what success means by developing team KPIs and goals, and supervise the team to attain them
- Craft relevant key initiatives and lead the team to successfully execute on initiatives
- Drive the development and adoption of campaign strategy, project management tools, and marketing solutions to strengthen team competency
- Align departmental priorities with other team leads to achieve team goals
- Work collaboratively with sales teams (in different geographies), business operations team, and trust team to ensure team alignment and client success
- Oversees the creation of new customer education material in collaboration with Marketing and other customer-facing teams
- Collaborates with other internal stakeholders to translate new product and organizational challenges into new solutions for customers
- Oversee employee progress in personal and professional goals; as well as advocate for employee growth and happiness
- Supervise team hiring, training, career laddering, and long-term skills development
- Lead team building events/exercises to build a positive team culture
- Oversee overall department operational efficiency
- Serve as a stakeholder to help define Indiegogo product vision
- Contribute to setting company goals and key initiatives as it reflects on the team
- 3+ years of experience managing teams and mentoring others, including hiring and managing full time and contract staff or consultants
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion
- Familiarity with the Indiegogo platform and the crowdfunding industry
- Proven account management or other relevant experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proactive, resourceful, and strategic disposition with the demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and work well with others.
- A creative thinker and problem-solver – having a growth mindset so you’re not afraid to take on new challenges and learn new things
- Obsessed with making sense of data and developing strategies based on data.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Strong empathy for Indiegogo campaigners and a passion for revenue and growth.
- Polished communicator with a demonstrated ability to form strong relationships, both internally and externally, across multiple office locations in different time zones
- Able to deliver and articulate presentations to senior executives
- Expertise in crowdfunding marketing and deep understanding of the Indiegogo platform
- Past experience managing individual contributors in a crowdfunding agency
- Past experience servicing enterprise-level clients (e.g. Fortune 500 companies)
- Professional fluency in Mandarin Chinese OR Japanese (not a requirement)
- Competitive salaries with equity
- Comprehensive benefit offerings (mental health and fertility included) for you and yours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings with fun events
- A supportive, open environment that embraces and cultivates diversity, fearlessness, authenticity, and collaboration
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.