SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about the payroll team:
Our payroll team is based in San Mateo (HQ) and manage US, Canada, and Australia payroll operations including tax filing. We are looking to add a team member to our dynamic payroll team to help us manage US and Canada payroll operations.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced payroll professional working remote and reporting to our payroll manager with experience in payroll processing, reconciliation and tax filing experience for US and Canada. You will perform complex administrative and accounting tasks necessary to prepare payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees in a multi-state environment and Canada while ensuring compliance with company policy and procedure and federal, state, and local payroll tax regulations. If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
What will you be doing:
- You will help prepare and process semi-monthly, multi-state payroll and special payment, including Stock transaction runs for 1000+ employees US and Canada (exempt and non-exempt employees)
- You will assist with payroll reconciliation before transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- You will help us research, analyze, and resolve discrepancies.
- Upload and audit any additional payments including commissions, bonuses, relocations, taxable benefits.
- Reconcile, validate and initiate the retirement and FSA contributions for both US and Canada plans.
- Manage and review the agencies notifications; work closely with ADP to resolve any tax discrepancies and filings.
- You will assist with quarterly and annual tax filing and generation of Year End documents and filings ( W2’s and T4’s).
- Prepare reports for different projects including 401(k) reviews, Workers Comp census, SOC1 documentation, compliance procedures, and audit inquiries
- Support payroll entries in the general ledger.
- You will help manage the Payroll inbox by responding to questions and inquires
- Ensure compliance with payroll/employment laws, rules, and regulations
- Handle special projects and provide backup support for finance/accounting team
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related fields.
- 5+ years of related experience (for organizations with 400+ employees); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You will have comprehensive knowledge of an enterprise Payroll program (preferably Workday)
- Experience with ADP Smart-Compliance is a great bonus.
- Ensure compliance with policies, regulations, wage tax laws, SOX and other federal and state legislation affecting payroll.
- Detailed knowledge of payroll compliance and working knowledge of state/federal employment laws/regulations.
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.