The Sr. HR Generalist will work closely across all day-to-day areas of HR, assisting the HR Generalist and Director of HR with the coordination and administration of HR programs and processes. In this role, you will be a point of contact for various HR related inquiries and will provide general support to employees. You will own and manage projects to improve HR programs and infrastructure. The right candidate will have solid experience in a broad range of HR disciplines: employee relations, compensation and benefits, HRIS and records maintenance, talent/performance management, engagement, and compliance. The right candidate will also be someone who is self-motivated, positive, client-service oriented, process focused, and is comfortable operating in a dynamic startup environment.
- Serve as a business partner to the organization, delivering comprehensive HR services
- Oversee employee relations issues, including grievances, disciplinary actions and terminations; coach employees and managers to resolution
- Monitor employee engagement and morale surveys and direct communication with employees; work to deliver improvements based upon the feedback
- Support and coordinate various HR programs, including open enrollment, L&D, employee recognition and the company’s performance review process
- Manage compensation system and ensure pay grades are properly maintained
- Assist in the development and implementation of various HR policies and procedures
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate personnel files
- Assist Director of HR and immigration attorney in visa processing
- Co-own all company culture initiatives (i.e.: volunteering programs, company happy hours, all-hands outings/events)
- Partner closely with Finance and Legal on people operations issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required; bonus points for a degree in Human Resources or related field; HR certifications a plus
- 4+ years of Human Resources experience, preferably within a small/medium-sized company
- Knowledge of best practices in most facets of HR
- Ability to effectively and positively interface with a broad range of employees and deliver excellent client support
- Experience maintaining HRIS platforms; experience with Namely a plus
- Knowledge of tax and payroll laws and procedures
- Strong analytical skills, including reporting and synthesizing data to inform problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to work confidentially at all levels of an organization
- Ability to work responsibly with sensitive and confidential information
- Must be a self-starter who is well organized and can handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Continuously strives to exceed expectations by delivering ‘added value’
- An excellent sense of judgment, ability to be “in the weeds” without losing sight of long-term goals/initiatives, and a great attitude are absolutely necessary
- Excited to be an all-around team player
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU:
- Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people and so are we! We are a team of committed, team-players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” our everyday jobs. When people unite around a common goal anything is possible.
- Competitive salaries with equity
- Comprehensive benefit offerings (mental health and fertility included) for you and yours
- Quarterly all hands meetings with fun events
- A supportive, open environment that embraces and cultivates diversity, fearlessness, authenticity, and collaboration
This role is open to remote U.S residents. We are currently accepting applications from all parts of the US however International applicants are not currently accepted for the HQ team. Please note that all qualified candidates should have U.S sponsorship or residency to work in the U.S.
Indiegogo is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.