Our mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We’re an immersive online learning platform offering practitioner-level education in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. We’re backed by some of the best-known investors — Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital to name a few.
Focused on self-empowerment through online and blended learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development.
At Udacity, the Student Experience Operations team is deployed to provide world class customer experience to our student base. We are looking for a Support Community Manager to be the brand voice when interacting with our learners. You’ll be tasked with managing the sentiment and engagement of all community members on Udacity’s support forums. The primary goal of this role is to help learners find resolutions to their problems in a timely manner through community support and peer led interactions.
This is a chance to affect thousands of students around the world who come to Udacity to improve their lives.
- You will work within our Student Experience Operations team and be the primary owner for Udacity’s support forums
- You will create campaigns and community engagement strategies that extend the level of community support with an eye towards improving support case deflection, student retention and promoting self service
- Generate reporting that summarizes community sentiment, community activity and the effectiveness/ROI of community programs
- Build and maintain a 12 months roadmap of community project and initiatives
- Run A/B experiments to measure community engagement and its impact on student retention
- Partner with our Support helpdesk team to ensure seamless communication between T0 and T1 & T2 Operations
- Create and maintain workflows to escalate community posts to Udacity support helpdesk.
- Identify, deploy, and manage internal and external systems to track community ROI, forum insights, and other business opportunities
- Monitor industry trends and propose best practices in community management
What we value
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in community management role
- You are familiar with community software solutions (ESN tools)
- You are obsessive about community-building and make data driven decisions
- You understand Customer Experience and its importance to business
- You have deep customer empathy
- You have excellent written and verbal English grammar and language skills
- You are familiar with Web Analytics (Google Analytics, Amplitude), SEO and Social Media Marketing Tools such as Sprout Social.
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Ability to create designs using Sketch, Figma, Adobe Illustrator
- Industry experience in EdTech
You will receive
- An amazing team to support your success and growth on the Udacity Student Experience Operations Team
- A competitive base salary
- Top-end bonus structure that rewards you for meeting and exceeding goals
- Pre-IPO stock options
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the dive of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religious, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.