The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people’s heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge, and we’re building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Quora’s Writer Growth team focuses on driving impact by executing scaled writer growth programs, measuring impact, and scaling those programs when we find success. We’re a group of ambitious, entrepreneurial individuals who love interacting with our writers, as well as launching and optimizing the strategic processes by which we serve them. We strive to be experts in growth strategies, marketing, scaled sales, and customer service and we move quickly to deliver impact.
About the Role:
You’ll be the founding leader of Quora’s Writer Growth Team. While you’ll be expected to consistently meet and exceed writer program goals and educate content creators at scale, you’ll also lay a solid foundation as you grow this new team. The ideal candidate will be energized to dig into the details as an initial player-coach – and will be excited to scale the team over time.
- Launch, lead, and build our writer growth team as an initial player-coach
- Create scaled sales and marketing programs to obtain, grow, and retain Quora Spaces writers.
- Define and measure program KPI’s within appropriate A/B testing frameworks – consistently iterating, scaling, or cancelling programs based on data driven insights
- Become a product expert and engage with a high volume of writers at activation, growth, and retention writer life-cycle points via phone, zoom, and email touchpoints
- Be the voice of the writer for Quora’s internal teams, and ensure writer feedback influences roadmap decisions via cross-functional feedback loops with product, data, and design teams.
- Develop go to market strategy, marketing materials, and launch plans for new products/announcements
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora’s “coordination hours” (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- 5+ years experience in SMB marketing, sales/sales operations, or business operations at a high growth tech company or consulting firm
- 3+ years in an operational and analytical leadership role
- 3+ years growing and managing teams
- Previous experience growing sales, marketing, or operations teams from scratch in fast moving environments
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in unstructured environments
- Strong cross functional experience with product, marketing, sales, and support
- 3+ years experience at top tier online publisher
- Prior experience defining, launching, and maintaining sales/marketing KPI’s
- Strong operational knowledge of salesforce, outreach.io, SQL, and tableau
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.