Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 76 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The People team at Coursera is responsible for building our teams, retaining our amazing talent, and developing programs that create community and promote employee betterment. Currently, we are tackling projects aimed at helping Coursera to continue to scale as a top global company of high-performance teams. We are passionate about fulfilling our company’s mission to transform lives through learning. Ideal candidates will collaborate with the People team to design, manage and deliver core People programs including but not limited to employee engagement and retention, people development, employee relations and investigations, project management, and other People programs and initiatives.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Consult and coach line managers to navigate the complexities of managing teams, including understanding total rewards, managing career development, developing a high-performance culture, and providing conflict resolution strategies
- Partner with the People Leadership team to develop and lead the implementation of People initiatives and programs
- Coach and assist managers in drafting corrective actions, performance improvement plans, and partner with the legal team as needed
- Be a thought leader for all levels of the organization, implementing initiatives to improve work relationships, build trust and community, and increase productivity and employee satisfaction
- Analyze trends and data in partnership with the People team, having an active voice in developing policies, solutions, and initiatives to drive results
- Understand and have an opinion for how People initiatives and programs support our culture (e.g., compensation planning, performance management, people development curriculum, etc.)
- 4+ years of progressive HR experience, specifically with complex employee relations and coaching managers and employees
- Experience with building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with internal customers and peers
- Experience with consulting with managers on providing advice, counsel, and insights
- Demonstrated history in managing HR-related projects
- Experience with compensation, labor law, conducting internal investigations
- Ability to synthesize data, understand the root cause, and provide recommendations
- Action-oriented and a problem solver with a strong sense of urgency
- Collaborative partner, managing multiple inputs and priorities by delivering solutions with a one-team mindset and maintaining a good sense of humor in a dynamic environment
- Thrives in high growth environments
- Passion for improving access to education on a global scale
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.