Airbase is a modern spend management system designed for growth companies that need a single platform capable of managing entire company spend. Airbase brings the benefits of corporate card expense management, bill payments, and accounts payable automation in one unified platform. Airbase is well funded and getting ready to invest aggressively in growth in 2021.
Learn more about why innovative companies like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more trust Airbase at www.airbase.com
The Product Support Specialist will report to the Product Support Manager and will manage the support tickets and escalations in his/her own queue to ensure proper handling and timely updates and resolution of support tickets ultimately leading to the exceptional customer experience and satisfaction which Airbase is known for.
This role will also need to focus on regularly keeping up on changes and improvements in the Airbase product as new features are continuously rolled out. The Product Support Specialist is expected to be a product expert to allow customers to receive quick responses on their how-to questions or confusions. This role is expected to work together with a team of highly efficient and productive Product Support Specialists in issue resolution to ensure the team is providing superior customer experience.
This role is a great fit for you if you have an accounting/audit background but prefer to be in a customer-facing role with an opportunity to help finance and accounting teams to be more productive. We also encourage you to apply and grow in this role if you have experience performing consulting work on ERP implementations and similar roles requiring customer interaction.
What you’ll do:
- Learn and understand the Airbase product at a deeper level.
- Manage assigned support tickets and ensure customers are updated and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance to customers around the accounting and GL-specific areas of the spend management process and the period closing process.
- Provide email, live chat, and (occasionally) phone support to customers.
- Gather detailed information on the question/issue raised to determine how to best provide assistance to the customer.
- Identify and understand the background of the question/issue raised.
- Conduct initial troubleshooting of the issue raised to determine if this requires further escalation internally.
- Perform reconciliation as needed to troubleshoot the issue.
- Conduct customer meetings as needed to minimize miscommunications and escalations from happening and to further understand business implications for the issue on hand and provide workaround solutions and next steps for the customer during the meeting.
- Manage customer expectations on issues raised.
- Proactively escalate and flag concerns on support tickets to the Product Support Manager appropriately to allow timely action and next steps to be taken before the customer becomes unhappy and initiates the escalation him/herself.
- Perform customer outreach as advised by the Product Support Manager for issues affecting a large number of customers.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Professional Services, and Customer Success teams to ensure quick turnaround and provide quality service to Airbase customers.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a customer-facing professional in the accounting/auditing or accounting software industries.
- Knowledge and experience in the Procure to Pay and General Ledger business processes and in ERP and accounting systems.
- Experience in NetSuite, Quickbooks Online, Sage Intacct, or Xero is an advantage.
- Confident and can effectively communicate both in oral and written English.
- Excellent customer orientation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Quick-learning self-starter who has great attention to detail, able to multitask, and is highly motivated to provide customer satisfaction.
This role requires the ability to work during the PT working hours as the customers we are catering for are largely based in the Pacific (PT) and Eastern (ET) time zones.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.