Remote Friendly. You can work close to where you love to live and still be a key part of Lime (US & Canada only)
Lime operates electric scooters and bikes, but our mission is larger. We believe in transforming cities through green, affordable, and accessible transportation for everyone. Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, we operate in more than 120 cities in 31 countries, with plans to expand responsibly. To do that, we need great people.
Data touches everything we do here, from optimizing the efficiency of our warehouse operations to powering our demand forecasting models. As a Data Engineer, you’ll build the infrastructure that enables data to flow reliably through our systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement our data models for optimal storage and performant retrieval to meet critical product and business requirements
- Own at least one data content area and build data pipelines for analytical and algorithm needs
- Ensure all data systems i.e. our central data warehouse, data lake, ETL, and realtime processing uptime satisfy business requirements
- Democratize data within the organization by formulating and enforcing best practices across teams
- Embrace your role as a founding member of our data infrastructure team
- 1+ year relevant industry experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent areas
- Experience working with big data technologies e.g Snowflake, Airflow, Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, Flink
- Knowledge of / or experience with large-scale data warehousing architecture and data modeling
- Working knowledge of relational databases (SQL)
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze large data sets to identify gaps and inconsistencies in ETL pipeline and provide solutions for pipeline reliability and data quality
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.