Winnie is on a mission to bring high-quality child care & educational services to every family. Our technology-driven marketplace makes it easy for parents to discover and connect with local providers. Our tools for businesses empower them to reach more families online and increase enrollment effortlessly.
We are backed by an amazing group of investors, including Homebrew, Reach Capital, Rethink Impact, and more. Join us on our mission and help shape a brighter future for families, children and caregivers everywhere.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Marketing Manager to lead growth marketing and user acquisition for Winnie. In this cross-functional role you will learn a lot and have the opportunity to try new things and work with many different channels. As our first marketing hire, you will report directly to the co-founder and help shape the direction of marketing at Winnie.
This position is remote-friendly, or can be based in our San Francisco office once it is safe for our team to resume working together in person.
- Work on a cross-functional team with product, design, and sales to develop growth strategies to support Winnie’s business goals
- Own the performance and ROI of all growth channels and marketing activities
- Own SEO and continually deliver exceptional results in organic search traffic
- Manage the strategy for SEM & CPC across multiple channels and campaigns
- Conceive and execute on content campaigns to educate & drive engagement
- Analyze data to guide decision making and uncover areas for improvement
- Oversee Winnie’s social media presence and drive audience engagement
- 5+ years experience in a growth marketing role, with examples and results from prior work
- 3+ year of experience managing SEO for large, high-traffic sites
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency with marketing tech stack; email, social media, analytics, CMS
- Solid project management skills; can lead and coordinate with cross-functional partners and prioritize high impact activities
- Solid ability to present recommendations and results to team members & stakeholders
- Working knowledge of basic web technologies: HTML/CSS, JS, Python
- Prior experience at consumer internet and/or marketplace companies
- Design ability (UX/UI, graphic design, or comms) and familiarity with design tools
- Passion for early childhood development and education
What it’s like to work at Winnie
- We’re not your typical tech company. We are super family-friendly and value reasonable work hours.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we are supportive of returners who have been out of the workforce.
- We work cross functionally and collaboratively across the company.
- We use Slack and video calls to facilitate communication with remote employees.
What we offer
- Generous equity package and a competitive salary
- Excellent medical, vision, and dental coverage for employees and their families
- FSA option, 401k plan, commuter benefits
- Generous vacation policy (and we use it)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave and family friendly policies
- Professional development budget for each employee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Don’t meet all the requirements for the position? That’s okay. We encourage you to still apply.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.