Albert is a new kind of financial service that uses powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Albert saves and invests automatically for you, helps you avoid overdrafts, finds savings you’re missing, identifies bills you’re overpaying, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and we’ll not only offer guidance; we’ll help you make it happen.
We’re an LA-based startup with a proven business model, backed by top-tier institutional investors, with over 4 million users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re on a mission to improve the financial lives of millions of people with a beautifully designed, simple product, and we’re looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
About the Role
We’re looking for a junior copywriter who can write irresistible advertising copy along with smart UX/UI copy. You’ll be joining our “copy pod” of three — soon to be five — writers; our work spans Albert’s product/UX, growth/marketing, organic content/social media realms, even customer service text messages — so you’ll have to be interested in all of them. (But it’s okay to have a favorite.) You’ll be jumping into brainstorms with the entire marketing team and writing fresh, funny, effective ad copy for Facebook, Instagram, and beyond. Plus TV and radio ad scripts! You should be comfortable writing both independently and collaboratively.
You might also occasionally contribute to our newsletter, The Post, and our Knowledge Center. On the more technical side, you’ll be responding to “copy requests” to help product designers and engineers create sharp UI copy.
All in all, this is a great opportunity to grow a portfolio of both creative copywriting and UX writing.
Things you’re good at:
- Collaborating — and being creative.You’re an indispensable part of our brainstorms, contributing ideas alongside every member of marketing, including designers, writers, strategists, and sometimes the CEO.
- Listening, reading, communicating.If something’s unclear, you know what questions to ask.
- Juggling multiple deadlines.You’ll be collaborating on projects across departments, all with different timelines. You know how to manage your own workflow.
- Paying attention to detail.You spot a typo from a mile away.
- Speaking to millennials and Gen Z.You know how to write for our core audience.
- And writing, of course.You love to play with words. Your writing has a sense of humor without sacrificing clarity, power, or empathy. You thrive on the fine boundary between writing in a professional style and maintaining a “real,” engaging voice. Sometimes our copy experiments with absurdism and sometimes it’s meat-and-potato sales performance. You have the range.
- At least two years experience writing for a brand or agency
- Experience working on a team in a quickly changing, deadline-driven setting
- A portfolio of your writing is a must — playful, compelling, of various lengths
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- 401k match
- Free lunch
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.