At Framework, our mission is to fix consumer electronics. We believe products can be better both for users and the environment. Unlike most electronics products on the market today, ours are designed to be repairable and upgradeable to enable long usage lifetimes and deep personalization.
To support our product ecosystems, we are also launching a marketplace allowing users to buy and sell new and used devices and parts.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus and e-commerce companies, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We are looking for a Customer Experience Manager to deliver an excellent service and support experience to our customers. This includes developing processes that support customers across both e-commerce orders and returns and usage of our consumer electronics products. Because of the physical modularity of our products, there are unique support challenges that will require creative solutions to assist customers with upgrades, repairs, refurbishment, and even helping facilitate consumer to consumer used part and product sales. As our first Customer Experience Manager, you’ll have a high level of influence on the overall customer journey and support policies going forward.
We’re headquartered in Burlingame, CA, and are open to local, relocated, or remote candidates.
- Develop procedures for troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware/software faults
- Develop processes and workflows that align with overall Customer Support strategy
- Manage and resolve support tickets promptly as the final tier of support
- Develop and execute the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) process
- Collaborate with Marketplace team on monitoring clicks, links, and usability of landing pages
- Work with the design and engineering teams to improve the usability and serviceability of future products
- Lead implementation of new support tools
- Help onboard new team members as needs grow
- Identify and execute operational efficiencies by regularly reviewing QA framework, NPS, agent workflows, feedback loops, and providing ongoing training
- Monitor and maintain a presence in external communities
- Be a brand representative and the face of Framework for our customers
- 5+ years experience in customer support for complex, technically advanced consumer or hardware products
- Experience hiring and onboarding Tier 1 and Tier 2 support roles
- Data analysis and visualization skills (using tools such as Tableau, Geckoboard, etc.)
- Strong customer service ethos
- Enthusiasm for problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise with order and returns support for direct to consumer e-commerce
- A passion for environmentalism and/or DIY
- Previous experience with support and service in a startup
- BPO vendor management experience
- Previous experience managing global support systems
- Experience working with CRMs (i.e. Zendesk, NetSuite, Salesforce, LivePerson, etc.)
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits
- Flexible work hours and locations
- Be an early member of Framework’s team and get to shape our roadmap
- The chance to work at a startup that is fixing the consumer electronics industry
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.