AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather broadcasts to, and engages with, millions of fans and followers on Social Media. AccuWeather is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join our team. Working with our news and forecasting team, the Social Media Coordinator will post and engage on multiple social media platforms, understanding the power of headlines and photos to entice readers to engage with stories and videos.
Understanding the culture and conventions of each social media platform and how best to engage with followers is crucial to this role. We are also looking for a creative person who is constantly thinking outside the box to help AccuWeather’s social presence continue to grow.
- Posting breaking weather news, videos, daily posts, and marketing releases and campaigns to millions of AccuWeather fans and followers, customizing posts for each Social Network.
- Distributing AccuWeather digital content via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social platforms
- Coordinating multiple sources, feeds and personnel contributing to our Social channels.
- Monitoring all Social Networks for testimonials, questions, comments, abuse, complaints and user-generated content.
- Engaging with those users and interacting with appropriate internal departments for resolution.
- Creating trends reports from various trending tools across a multitude of Social Networks to improve dissemination of AccuWeather content.
- Analyzing data about AccuWeather and its competitors from a variety of internal and external Social Media Analytics tools.
- Reporting and summarizing AccuWeather’s success to the Social Media Team.
- Approving, categorizing and promoting incoming UGC (User-Generated Content).
- Ensuring accuracy/timeliness of AccuWeather’s content in internal and external Social Networks.
- Researching changes to new and existing Social Networks via industry blogs and news and online webinars.
- Making recommendations on strategic or operational improvements from all of the above to the Social Media Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year of experience in Social Media for clients/corporations through internships and work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related-media
- A strong visual eye and basic photo editing knowledge.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, other Social Networks and emerging social platforms, and social analytics tools, and familiarity with web analytics tools such as Chartbeat or Google Analytics
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and work well under pressure.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.