Recruiting is broken. The workforce lacks diversity and inclusion. And current recruiting methods and tools contribute to the problem. At Jumpstart, it’s our mission to make the world more equitable by building a collaborative talent marketplace that creates more opportunity for everyone.
Jumpstart’s virtual recruiting platform is transforming the talent industry by bringing together recruiting professionals and talent through communities, expanding talent opportunities in a broken system, and helping businesses build diverse workforces. We, ourselves, are also actively building a diverse and inclusive organization. At Jumpstart, we welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Jumpstart is backed by Sequoia Capital. We are headquartered in San Francisco, but many of our teams and roles are remote-first (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Team
Our Jumpstart team comprises 41 high-energy people with unique backgrounds (from high school dropouts to MLK scholars). We’re a team of learners and doers with a bias for action. We move fast, iterate, measure, and iterate again. We also encourage each other to always remember the “why” in service to the mission and believe people are our greatest asset.
The Marketing team itself is currently 4 members in 2 teams, one for each side of the Jumpstart platform (B2B and B2C). As the Community Manager on the candidate side of the business, you will report directly to our Senior Product Marketing Manager, B2C, and work closely with cross-functional partners to bring our Communities product to life, model best practices on the platform, and create engaging content for our candidates to interact with every single day.
- Develop community management strategy to drive engagement and hit our marketing and business goals
- Constantly seek to better understand our candidate users, their needs, and be their advocate as a liaison with the Marketing, Product, and Design teams
- Work closely with the Social Media and Content Marketing Manager on the B2C team to execute seamless content strategies on and off platform
- Collaborate with B2B content team and Communications Designer to develop visual assets needed for your content to shine
- Research, identify, prioritize, create, and publish content on platform to engage our candidate audience and nurture a highly interactive, innovative, and supportive online community-first ecosystem
- Measure and report on campaign goals and recommend optimization strategies to improve campaign performance
Your Skills & Experience
- Experience building online communities from scratch on different topics and on different platforms
- A deep love for building and nurturing communities of all types; you know the power of community and you know how to harness it
- Experience working cross-functionally with Marketing and Product teams to drive engagement, hit KPIs, and develop a product feedback loop
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with the ability to apply our brand style, tone, and character to all content channels, keeping SEO in mind
- Data-driven: A/B tests are your bread and butter, and you love coming up with new and creative experiments to test, measure, and optimize to hit goals
- Ability to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track
- Have true empathy and love for your customer, and are comfortable speaking to a wide audience of differing ages, needs, experiences, and backgrounds
- You’re comfortable operating fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
Benefits & Additional Notes
At Jumpstart, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide:
- 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance
- unlimited paid-time off
- flexible working arrangements
- competitive pay
To help employees have a comfortable “work from home” environment, we also offer a $500 reimbursement to get you the tools you need and a $75/week reimbursement for meals.
We are a distributed team, and we offer US-based remote employment for most roles. Though we’re a distributed team, we’re currently only able to hire US-based candidates.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.