Are you looking for an opportunity to expertly manage the data storage & reporting and email & marketing automation used to target 600,000+ restaurant prospects? Are you excited by the challenge of overseeing a team of technical specialists? Are you a fluent and natural trainer in advanced Excel, SQL, Marketo, Tableau, and passionate about new and innovative tools in your marketing tech stack? If you’re a pro at leading a technical team to support large B2B Growth initiatives across the partnerships, marketing, and sales teams, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Instagram, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 18,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As our Growth Marketing Operations Manager, you will be responsible for both contributing to personally as well as managing a team of specialists focused on optimizing our total addressable market data, making real time reporting accessible, refining and expanding our marketing automation programs, ensuring technical success of email marketing campaigns, and owning campaign specific list segmentation. As the team manager, you will create an environment of cross training to maximize collaboration and output and growth of each specialist reporting to you and reduce the risk of single points of failure.
Reports to Director of Growth Operations; has 3+ direct reports.
As the Growth Marketing Operations Manager, you will:
- Manage a team comprised of a marketing automation specialist, email marketing specialist, and database analyst and creates an environment of shared responsibility and support with the team.
- Convert the existing one-off process to update our Total Addressable Market Data stored in our CRM into a repeatable quarterly program. This will include the project management and execution within your team of data extraction, matching, deep dives, data cleansing, and data loading on a recurring basis.
- Collaborate with ChowNow’s Data & Analytics team to convert existing excel reporting into a Tableau dashboard and expand on reporting capabilities to support both internal rep KPI and performance tracking, as well as external campaign/prospect performance and demand data
- Support a growing Partnership channel and team through more sophisticated data storage and automation in collaboration with our Sr. Manager of Partnership Experience Team and our Sr. Manager of Sales Development Operations.
- Ensure the team is managing the hygiene and health of new and existing Marketo campaigns, Outreach triggers, RingDNA flows, Drift playbooks, and Lean Data maps (and flo- through to Salesforce in all cases).
- Oversee the successful & timely technical execution of our email marketing campaigns with our Email Marketing Specialist and in collaboration with our Sr. Manager of Growth Marketing.
- Manage campaign specific list segmentation as defined by Director of Growth Operations and Sr Manager of Growth Marketing.
- Create technical documentation for various marketing projects.
- Identify and implement additional software tools for the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Minimize errors on inbound lead funnels or outbound marketing campaigns.
Within 30 Days, You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Learn the ChowNow Marketing and Sales processes and methodologies
- Shadow the Partner Experience Manager, SDR, Email Marketing, and Marketing Automation teams and familiarize yourself with their workflows
- Become an expert in our Salesforce data structure as well as Demand Generation tech stack that interacts with Salesforce and Marketo
- Take over existing Growth Ops reporting, end of month true ups and reconciliation, and list segmentation
- Working with recruiting to put out position for Marketing Database Analyst (or position focused on for TAM updates, reporting, and list segmentation)
- Become an expert in ChowNow’s email marketing programs and calendar
- Take on 2:1s with direct reports and Director of Growth Operations
Within 60 Days, You’ll:
- Fill hire for Marketing Database Analyst
- Take over 1:1s with direct reports
- Become an expert in all of our trigger-based email programs across demand generation and customer marketing
- Familiarize yourself with all email tools including ReturnPath, BriteVerify, and Seventh Sense
- Launch Tableau dashboard for Growth team
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Launch program to update TAM on a quarterly basis including external scrapes and organized, strategic data imports
- Work with VP of Growth and Director of Growth Operations to improve upon existing attribution true up process and takeover auditing this data bi-weekly
You Should Apply If:
- You have 3+ years of experience of managing a team of technical B2B marketing specialists
- You have demonstrated success in database management and optimization within B2B organizations.
- You are fluent in advanced Excel and SQL and highly advanced in Marketo, Lean Data, and Salesforce
- You have strong familiarity with Email marketing best practices
- You are an expert in project management, especially in managing timelines for email and other forms of campaigns
- You are highly analytical and have a knack for tracking, reporting, and visualizing marketing data and rep KPIs on a granular level.
- You are results driven, have strong attention to detail, are organized and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have an ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and cannot stand gaps in process, even when you are the first notice.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A “Best Place to Work” winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage – we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.