We are looking for a detail-loving, problem-solver and process optimizer. Come help us transform the workplace into a practice lab for mastering life’s most useful skills!
LifeLabs Learning is the go-to employee development resource for hundreds of the world’s most innovative companies (like Warby Parker, The New York Times, Clif Bar, Reddit, Sony Music, and TED). We offer manager and people-skills training that blends science and practical tools.
Our team is a diverse, close-knit group of researchers, consultants, and experience designers. We get excited about brain science, nudge encourage each other to improve, give frequent feedback, make each other laugh, and have one another’s backs. Our hubs are in NYC and SF, and we also have Labmates who work remotely. Learn more about us here!
As our Business Development Coordinator, you will work on our Business Development (BD) team, directly with our amazing Chief Revenue Officer, Priscila Bala, to ensure our team is aligned on business critical processes and has the resources and information they need. You’ll assist in a variety of business development project needs, aid internal and external communication efforts, and help our team gather insights and trends for ongoing business and team growth.
A week in the life of a Business Development Coordinator:
- Scheduling internal and external meetings
- Drafting and formatting information for internal and external communication – emails, presentations, proposals, reports, weekly and monthly internal newsletters for the BD team
- Researching internal and external data to prepare documents, proposals and projects
- Helping prepare for meetings, and project managing execution of action items from meetings
- Documenting new processes for the team
- Completing all project management necessary for our Advisory Board, from meeting logistics to presentations and interim updates
- Compiling Business Development reports
- Ensuring BD systems’ data is accurate and complete teamwide
- Creating workflows to automate team work
- Helping identify patterns across the team
- Providing general administrative support
- Assisting with various Business Development projects, as needed
Business Development Coordinator Requirements:
- Ability to keep small details from slipping through the cracks
- Ability to adapt, learn, and find a way to play in the face of change and ambiguity
- Comfort juggling many tasks, projects, and relationships at once
- An eagerness and skill in giving and receiving feedback
- A passion for business growth, development, and client experience
- Advanced time management and organization skills
- Strong written communication skills — particularly writing clearly and playfully
- Ability to communicate over phone and video calls with clarity, authenticity, and playfulness
- Proficient in Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of spreadsheet modeling
- Knowledge of Hubspot CRM
- Knowledge of graphic design
Want to apply but not sure if you’d be the right fit? If we sound like the right place for you, we want to hear from you. There is no ‘perfect’ candidate. Everyone brings something different to the team, and our diversity of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and identities makes LifeLabs Learning an amazing place to work. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.
Let’s do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, challenge yourself and others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by helping people master life’s most useful skills.
- Start date: January – February, 2020
- Location: Remote/virtual (East Coast work hours: 8am – 5pm or 9am – 6pm)
- Compensation: $45,000 salary (with predictable schedule of pay increases)
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 18 vacation days, 9 paid holidays, 1 personal values day, 401K, team profit share, annual Learning FUNd and Learning Days, lending library, dedicated peer coach, ongoing training, biannual team retreats.
- Timeline: We are collecting applications on a rolling basis. Please be aware that we will begin reaching out and scheduling interviews in November.
- If you are interested: Please submit your resume and respond to the questions below!
Want to know what to expect ahead?
Step 1: Complete the application below.
Step 2: Do a work demo to get a sense of the role and give us an opportunity to see your skills in action.
Step 3: Join an interview related to the role and our company values.
Please note that the interview and hiring team will not have access to your personal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission information during the interview process. We may not be able to respond to every application, but please know that we very much appreciate your interest and time (and always keep resumes on file for future opportunities).
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.