Hey there! We’re Morning Brew- a bunch of smart, dedicated people focused on disrupting and redefining the traditional business news landscape. Also, we’re nice and have great swag. We are looking for a creative copywriter to join our Creative Studio.
While this position is based in New York City, office colocation will be contingent on stay-at-home orders; until then, all employees are working remotely.
It’s our goal to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader. How? By giving our audience the news they need in a way they actually enjoy. Across newsletters, podcasts, social, and (soon) even more, we’re building something special. Want in? Read on.
In this role you will be tasked with writing compelling, engaging advertising content throughout our different verticals and franchises (Daily newsletter, Emerging Tech, Retail, Marketing, Business Casual, Sidekick). You will also work on larger branded content projects in a variety of formats (social, audio, interactive digital, etc) when the need arises.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
- Translating partner briefs/assets into 35-150 word advertorials daily for both B2B and B2C partners
- Understanding the larger marketing goals of our brand partners
- Presenting ideas and work both internally and externally to our brand partners
- Developing holistic, long-term advertising campaigns
- Executing branded content campaigns in a wide range of formats (social and video experience is a plus here).
- We are looking for a wordsmith in the truest sense of the word: you should have an expert command of the English language and use of voice.
- B2B writing experience is desired, but not mandatory. We are first and foremost looking for a writer with intelligence, wit, and curiosity.
- A driven person who is eager to add value to other facets of Morning Brew’s business (media kits, website and user experience copy, social media content, and more)
What makes you qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of professional creative writing, copywriting, content/marketing experience (bonus points if you have a killer portfolio that showcases your work)
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Client readiness and communication skills
- Experience with a/b testing a plus
- Deep intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we thought we’d sweeten the pot even more with some perks:
Annual Learning Credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll pay for it.
Unlimited Sick and Vacation Time: And trust us, unlimited means UNLIMITED.
Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon, you decide.
401(k) Employer Match: Helping you be ready for the future in the present.
Premium Healthcare Partially Covered by Employer: Trying to make getting sick less awful.
Work From Home Stipends: Upgrade your home office on us!
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.