The Payments teams are the hidden heroes and heroines of Toast. Your team ensures a restaurant can always perform the mission critical act of taking a payment from a guest, even in the middle of a power outage! As an integrated payment processor, Toast processes millions of dollars per day, and at the end of the day, makes sure that money gets to a restaurant’s bank account. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
As a Director of Product Management, you will partner to help craft the vision and lead a team responsible for current and long-term innovations in our portfolio of payment products. Our product platform consists of core processing, payment workflows, payment devices, fraud and risk management, and value added products. As a leader on the payments team, we need your help working closely with the rest of the Toast organization, as well as merchants, card brands, processors, and other partners. Help us scale to millions of users, and provide restaurants with financial services that make their lives easier!
About this roll*:
- Collaborate with senior leaders across the organization to define success for payments
- Manage, coach, develop, and retain product managers who own specialized domains and roadmaps
- Anticipate the challenges and opportunities for a rapidly growing payment platform and proactively take steps to address them
- Understand the impact of Covid-19 on guests, restaurateurs and their employees to deliver timely product advances in a dynamic space
- Identify optimizations for our product by working with card brands, processors, and partners
- Articulate the product vision and strategy, ensure roadmaps reflect this
- Manage multiple projects and fulfill product requests while meeting tight deadlines
Do you have the right ingredients?
- A track record of success (and enjoyment) in people leadership, building high performing product management teams, and developing exceptional talent
- Experience working closely with Payments Networks, Acquirers, and Solution Providers
- History of success with merchant or payment facilitator processing
- Knowledge of international Payment Processing is a plus
*Bread puns are optional
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.