We’re looking for a Mid to Senior Android Developer to join our team as we continue the evolution of a product that our members love.
Our apps – Tinder, Match, OkCupid, Plenty of Fish – boast more dates, more relationships and more marriages than any other dating business.
Simply put, we change lives.
We are seeking that rare combination of egoless team player with technical expertise who takes pride in their work to ensure that user experience and development quality are superb, and delivered on time;)
*This is a remote role open to applicants across the continental US.
What’s my day to day?
- You’ll take a cerebral approach to developing new features and implementing changes to existing features, and continuously strive to improve the codebase by refactoring to modern development and architectural practices and guidance
- Partner with Product and QA to pivot on features and address reported bugs
- Identify and correct performance bottlenecks
- Play an active role in Product discussions, influence the roadmap and advocate for the end user experience
- Own your code from development to production
What should you have?
- Experience developing and shipping apps with the Android platform. Point us to your work in the Play store and show us what makes you proud!
- A constant desire to grow, learn more and take our team to the next level
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions
- Experience writing highly performant Java and Kotlin code
- Understanding of Android framework components and their lifecycles
- Sharp Android UI Skills (Fragments, ConstraintLayout, etc.)
- Strong understanding of reactive programming concepts, RxJava
- Experience consuming data from APIs
- Familiarity with MVVM and other patterns like MVC/MVP/etc
- Knowledge of software design patterns, SOLID and clean architecture
- Understanding of the value of Dependency Injection, Dagger
- Knowledge of Android build types and product flavors
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples:
- $1,500 annual training budget for each employee
- Employee led ERGs
- Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
- 100% employer match on 401k contributions
- Matched giving to qualified organizations
- 100% paid Parental Leave
- Happy Hours and events (virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, general, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.