At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet you.
Hopin is seeking for a new member to join our Customer Support team as a dedicated Technical Support Specialist. This new member is someone who is self-driven, detail oriented, and ambitious! We’re looking for someone with strong experience in this field, able to make decisions on the go, supportive, innovative, and a team player.
We’re excited to be working with someone who is comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We’re currently a company of over 250, and you will be working within the support team.
Looking for someone who is located in the EMEA or Americas time zones. Preference given to weekend availability and flexibility with Sunday releases.
- Achieve and maintain technical expert knowledge about our product.
- Guide customers through teaching them how to use Hopin and helping them troubleshoot issues.
- Triage technical bugs versus user error. Be the bridge and escalation point between Support and Engineering.
- Collect all support team and customer feedback and bugs, identify priority, and keep lists and information up to date.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering teams to assess issues, track resolution, and follow up with customers.
- Test all new releases and gain a thorough understanding of all changes.
- Create release and bug reports for go-to-market teams, and present them at weekly meetings.
- Aid in keeping our internal Support team resources up to date. This includes adding to and updating our internal knowledge base, and making suggestions for improving processes.
- Strategise and make data-driven decisions and feature recommendations to make our products better. Be able to take an idea and bring it to life.
- Join and participate in meetings related to releases and the product.
- Have a mindset geared towards the team and company goals.
- Be the SME on common technical issues, and a direct source for team questions.
- Help navigate legal, data, and security questions with other areas of the company.
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Support
- 2+ years of experience working at a B2B SaaS company
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS/JS/SQL
- Understanding of networking, particularly HTTPS and TCP/IP
- Fluent English speaker with outstanding written and verbal communication skills; you have the ability to read, interpret, and clarify team goals, and then craft thoughtful responses to help them achieve those goals
- Tech Savvy – love software, tech and are excited to learn new software
- Ability to teach yourself new skills and competencies, and find answers on your own
- Great problem-solving abilities – assess all options before making a decision
- Exceptional organization skills – able to juggle multiple priorities
- Has a “can do” team attitude
- Can work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience with a video platform
- Basic understanding of WebRTC and RTMP
- Experience working at an early stage startup
- Deep knowledge of GDPR compliance
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- 800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.