Location Details: Mozilla’s US office locations include San Francisco, CA, and Portland, OR. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US for this position.
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
When you’re a David among data-mongering Goliaths, you’ve gotta work smarter, not $$$-er. Mozilla Marketing functions a bit like The Daily Show: every week, cross-functional teams take a look at the cultural landscape, collect insights and pitch new ideas to get our brands (Mozilla, Firefox and Pocket) into the conversation. It’s a fast-paced, always-learning, brand-new way of working that you’ll get to help shape with us. Your fellow collaborators? Creative, engineering, social, communications, product marketing and activations partners all out to leave the internet a lot better than they found it.
The Lead of Video Production will drive the philosophy, strategy and aesthetic of our video work, helping us find the smartest, most ownable ways to insert our brands into memes, moments and news cycles to deliver irresistible stories about the role of the internet in peoples’ lives. Videos topics might include product marketing, product education, internet issues in the world, social snacks — the kinds of videos that inform, delight and drive new users and new fans of Mozilla. In addition to establishing the big picture, this self-starting human will also make, make, make to their heart’s content.
Inquisitive, creative and your default is to find solutions by making. Hands-on experience in all aspects of digital media production means you can concept, pitch, shoot, produce, edit and put the finishing touches on any story, be it video or photography. You’re as obsessed with culture as you are with content — deeply connected to social media, current events, the zeitgeist and trends. You know how to make content that get clicks, and you love to do it for the greater good!
- Concept and execute (shoot, produce, edit) videos of various formats (documentary, animation, news style) to recruit new users
- Build and pitch ideas for new video content
- Collaborate with Product Market, Writers and Designers to develop quick to market, compelling videos
- Work alongside Marketing team including, Product Marketing, Editorial Copywriters, Designers, Animators and Social Strategists to execute and adjust creative elements for digital campaigns in a timely fashion
- Potential to lead other video creators
- At least 5-6 years of prior post-production experience
- Specialist in Adobe Premiere. Proven knowledge of After Effects, and Photoshop. Proficient in DSLR shooting
- Ample post-production knowledge including motion graphics, sound mixing, keying and color correction
- A consistent record of thinking strategically, analyzing critically, and translating ideas and insights into action through coherent and viable communications and influence products
- Ability to run multiple projects and remain calm and professional in a high-paced environment and deliver on time
- Experience in growing engagement, product usage and brand advocacy on social media through video storytelling
- A strong bias towards action—you like to get things done
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.