At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app — one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
The role of Workforce Management is a critical component to the success of the customer service function, notably driving excellent customer experience and business profitability via intelligent staffing decisions for multiple programs and projects.
We’re looking for a data-savvy Workforce Management leader to join the Customer Service Operations team responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the supporting function of Customer Service (Systems, Quality, Learning and Development, Workforce Management).
This lead will be responsible for building the Workforce Management function from the ground up and be the owner of overall global WFM strategy, support and execution across multiple lines of business. This includes ownership of Forecasting, Scheduling, and Intra-Day Management.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the entire contact center operation for all lines of business
- Drive standardizations, optimal usage and adoptions of WFM tools (Assembled, Fin, Kustomer) globally. This includes finding and implementing tools, best practices in tool usage, set-up and configuration
- Maintain short term and long term staffing forecasts. Interact and consult with Talent and Learning and Development on matters of talent acquisition, training, hiring and attrition
- Provide inputs (data analysis, reporting, productivity, budget forecasts) to operational leadership to make sound decisions regarding structuring topics: budgeting, organization and scheduling
- Build and maintain a reliable and detailed forecast capacity model for live chat, email and phone support
- Analyze program metrics and staffing on a consistent basis in order to maximize and make recommendations for efficiency on a global level for all operations across multiple lines of business
- Build different scenarios for expected volume with consideration for utilization, efficiency and productivity
- Factor changes in capacity planning models and evaluate the real-world impact of addition/reduction of FTE requirements
- Work with key stakeholders across a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Become known as the “go to” person for all areas of workforce management and optimization
- Experiment: we are an adventurous bunch so expect that anything and everything can change!
A perfect candidate has:
- Experience in contact center business in a leadership position
- Material experience in staffing forecasting, scheduling and workforce planning for omnichannel contact centers (chat, email, voice)
- Exposure to scripting with Pandas, R, SAS or other data preparation and analysis tools
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Proficiency in Tableau (or similar tools like Qlikview or Looker)
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience in writing and in presentation
- Capacity to work in a fast pacing environment with last minute adaptations & regular changes
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.